“Bored staff and below average food”
Review of The Nor Loch Bar - CLOSED

The Nor Loch Bar
Cuisines: British
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/nor-loch-bar-edinburgh
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Paid almost 9 quid for a limp sandwich with a couple slices of chicken and a thin slice of tomato, served with bad chips. It was advertised as a "whole chicken breast". Terrible meal.

I had ordered a tuna sandwich but they were out of tuna. For a place with a pretty small menu this means even fewer choices.

Sad bored wait staff. I had to ask for a menu, and then ask if lunch was available after being given a breakfast menu at 11.45 am.

Toilet floor covered with water, too.

I'd had a good meal here a couple years ago. Too bad,

Not worth stopping here, now.

1  Thank jimbob51

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a drink on Wed 19th Feb around 12.30 in the afternoon. You know which staff you are. Three staff standing behind the bar doing absolutely nothing. Sat at a dirty table with cups etc, staff looked at us and resumed standing doing nothing, table not cleared. Service really awful, staff very lazy. Toilets had no loo roll and no soap. This is somewhere will not visit again, would rather stand in the cold than pay good money for such awful service. Truly terrible.

1  Thank lOttiedOttie4
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The guy who served me hadn't a clue. Was distracted easily whilst trying to serve me. I had to repeat my order because he had forgotten what I asked for. He charged me £9-80 for a double Jack Daniels and a pint of Strongbow with a dash of Blackcurrant. The sign above the JD said £2-89 for 25ml and £3-89 for 50ml. Assuming 50p for the Blackcurrant then the Strongbow must have been £5-59. Ridiculous price. Last time I will drink there.

1  Thank Tom_Niland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

How wonderful to find this restaurant at Edinburgh Waverly Rail Station. It was festival time in the city so the servers wore kilts instead of their normal attire. I really enjoyed having a burger and relaxing before I had to leave on my connecting train. The atmosphere is pub-like. I found the menu to not be overpriced for what I have seen in the U.K. I must say what truly stands out is the personalities of the servers. I would definitely come back when connecting in this station again.

1  Thank PhyllisD534
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place while waiting for a train for 1 drink after spending a lovely day out at festival Some of the staff were downright rude I understand this is sometimes a difficult job but that is no reason to not be abit more pleasant too customers. Dear only knows what tourists visiting Scotland think of this dreadful customer service . This is the type of attitude in my opinion that needs to change MANNERS,!!costs nothing

2  Thank winny2106