“Yummy Food !!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
leuchars
“Yummy Food !!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to Frankie and Bennys for the first time yesterday. We visited the one situated at Ocean Terminal shopping center in Leith, Edinburgh. We went after the lunch hour so it was pretty quite, the waitress asked us where we would like to sit and we chose a booth next to the window with views overlooking the sea, the restaurant is on the 2nd floor so you have elevated views.
The food was amazingly fast, when asked if we wanted starters I inquired to how long would the mains come out and she replied 10 minutes but it was quicker than that!
I had the BBQ pulled pork in ciabatta roll and fries and my husband had a cajun chicken in ciabatta roll and fries, both meals were enjoyable and have no complaints from us, the menus are broken down into individual ones which I thought was a clever idea, very clear and cause no confusion, it was reasonable priced for the 2 of us a main meal each, a soda and a beer was £25 one of us is a student so we did get 20% discount, I would definitely go back and would highly recommend trying this restaurant, my only wish was that they had one closer to where I live!! :)

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cheap as chips but frankly awful”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

A quick lunch with a friend was a pretty miserable affair at the Gyle's only non food court restaurant. The large barn of a place was almost empty (12 noon on a Monday) yet music blared loud enough to be heard across the car park.

I ordered fish and chips - hard to get wrong, you'd think. I got two Mars Bar sized slabs of previously frozen fish - badly over cooked in a frankly foul tasting dark batter surrounded by about 30 matchstick chips.

My friend's pepperoni pizza looked marginally more appetising - until we spotted the puddle of grease underneath. Ok the entire feast cost barely £12 plus drinks but next time I'll stick to a decent baked potato in the Food Court. Avoid folks.

• Visited June 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we love going here as prices are great and they make you feel very welcome :) my family just love it!! wheelchair friendly also

Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Avoid”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am Australian and had never been to a F&B's so I was excited to try it.
It was awful. The spaghetti tasted like it came out of a tin.
And, it wasn't cheap either!! Much better chains of Italian fare available.

• Visited March 2013
“Dont go!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Dont go purely for how bad the food is. Its overpriced and burnt.

The staff where nice enough but the food was terrible, dont waste your money or time.

• Visited May 2013