“Nice if you have children”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #1,326 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I would not recommend this place unless you are visiting with children.
It is your usual pub food menu in a restuarant.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff make you feel really welcome and are apologetic but 9 times out of 10 you need to wait for about half an hour, but the food is absolutely fantastic and well worth the wait.

Frankie and Bennys has a very nice ambiance and the always play old jazz music which is very nice.

I would defiantly recommend this restaurant as they are family friendly and a great place to eat.

I would say you should definitely try and book as this franchise is so popular that there will always be a wait if your don't!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

4 of us fancied a bite to eat without the hassle of going into Edinburgh, so as we were near the Gyle we went to F&B's. I have been to one on business trips to London and it was ok, so thought we would give it a whirl.
Ignore the tables full of Children's Birthday parties and the continual ritual of the staff screaming at everyone to join in the chorus of "Happy Birthday" which after iteration number 7 is well beyond a joke ! Ignore the table full of old plates and dishes that have not been cleared. Ignore the server trundling past your table with wheelie bins full of kitchen waste. Ignore the staff using what looks like some old "loin cloth" to clean your table , which left a horrible sticky residue behind. Of course I should have left there and then, but my party wished to stay "it will get better " !
So order some much needed refreshment, the Ladies had a lovely warm jug of cocktail with no ice in it ( sarcasm), but it did match my Luke warm Cola in a Glass straight from a Hot Dish washer ( at least it was clean ). My friends Lager was fine he assured me.
Starter orders arrived, all wrong and were sent back, to be replaced by the wrong starters a second time. Now I thought the place was a set up and some TV presenter was going to spring from behind a post and wave a microphone at me, but alas no..............
So main course, with cold chips, wrong sauce with steak, salad that looked very dead ! cutlery that was dirty..........................In short they made McDonald's look like seasoned professionals, at least they don't pretend to be anything other than a fast food joint. As I said the F&B's in Hatfield is quite pleasant, but this one... DIRE !
Of course I had to endure the "Death stare" when no tip was left ! she was more frightening than Darth Vader and Attila the Hun on a Stag night !

1  Thank KevinC235
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went for a birthday meal and the food was wonderful. Great selection and the staff were very warm and welcoming. Nothing was too much hassle.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went for a meal b4 going onto a club for my friend's birthday, and if you let them know about a birthday, they play happy birthday song, and bring you a great big sparkly sweet. Thought that was a lovely free service. Meals were good, service was good, and very cheap.