“Fantastic tour--excellent food, drink and history!”
Review of Eat Walk Edinburgh

Eat Walk Edinburgh
Ranked #2 of 36 Food & Drink in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eat walk Edinburgh offer two Food walking tours. One explores Edinburgh's Old & New towns and the other the lower half of the Royal Mile called the Canongate. On each of these tours you will visit unusual/hidden restaurants, bars and shops. There will be five food tastings and three drink tastings on the tour. The guide will talk about the history of the area as you walk between venues. The Old & new Town tour (1pm-4.30pm) which has five food stops with a Edinburgh Raspberry Gin, Scottish beer and a single cask malt whisky tasting ensuring you will not need to worry about dinner in the evening. The Canongate tour (10am-1pm) enjoys six stops including a Bloody Mary cocktail and breakfast canapes to get the tour off and running. By the end there will be no need for lunch. The Old & New town tour was recommended in BBC Good Food Magazine as a "Don't miss" thing to do in Edinburgh. Delicious magazine also has it down as a must do.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I could not have enjoyed this tour anymore. Alan was an excellent guide and he really has picked out some great places for this tour. I expected we would do some walking from one place to another but he really takes your EVERYWHERE! We were blown away by everything we saw and learned in such a short period of time with Alan. He knows so much of the history and told some really great stories about the region from past and present. He didn't rush us at all either, he let us sit and enjoy ourselves and entertained all of our questions. Highly recommend this tour if you want to learn more about Scotland's history and try some great food and drink along the way. It also helped us plan out things we wanted to see on the rest of our trip as well. We returned to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society the following day to buy the bottle we had tried (you can usually only do this if you are a member but you receive return access through the tour) and purchased other gifts for family from another store we stopped at that had Rhubarb Vodka! Two more things we were really impressed with was the map we received at the end showing everywhere we'd been (so we could find our way back!) and the earpieces so we could listen to Alan as we walked around and not miss a word as we stopped to take pictures, etc. Such a fun experience, thank you Alan!

1  Thank Stefanie D
ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2015

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review it is greatly appreciated.

I am glad you got time to return to places we visited to make some purchases.

There are newer reviews for Eat Walk Edinburgh

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We found this tour through google and thought it sounded great. We really enjoyed it. It was a great way to get a different experience of Edinburgh. The tour guide was very knowledgable. We had lots of fun and got to see things we wouldn't have otherwise. Highly recommend it!!

1  Thank April_Gaisford

Hi

Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the tour and the parts of Edinburgh we got to show you.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This tour is a fantastic way of seeing parts of Edinburgh that you may not get around to on the normal tourist track. As we were only coming from Manchester for a mini break , after reading the reviews of the tour on trip adviser I was sold ! Alan was great, he has such a fantastic knowledge of the history of Edinburgh and the places we stopped were amazing. I even really liked the haggis ! If your going to Edinburgh as a couple its a great way of meeting a few like minded souls and having a really entertaining afternoon !

1  Thank Nicola B

Hi

Thanks for the review grealty appreciated.

The tours are in part a success due to those going on them bonding and adding to the occassion.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Worth Every Penny!
I was unnecessarily worried that I would be hungry afterwards but I was full to the brim.
Alan is an excellent, humorous and knowledgeable guide and he obviously loves the city.
The best thing to do if your a "foodie" or just want a tour with extras.
Worth doing near the beginning of your visit as it helps you work out your bearings.
Only problem is I cannot find a similar thing anywhere else, Alan you need to branch out!

1  Thank Stacey S

Hi

Thanks for the great review just to let you know we now do a foodie tour in St Andrews and are planning to start one in Glasgow early 2015. So I listened to what you said..

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The eat walk Edinburgh tour was the highlight of my Edinburgh visit. The guide was interesting and entertaining as were each of the six stops on the tour. Most of the stops were at restaurants or specialty shops I would never have discovered on my own. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves food!!

1  Thank Afbr

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review it is greatly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed the tour and our choice of venues.