“Better than I could have hoped for”

James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited
Ranked #4 of 201 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Established in 2010, Edinburgh Photography Tours is the number one ranked photography tour in Edinburgh, all of Scotland and the number one ranked photography tour in Europe. James Christie is a world renowned and internationally published, professional photographer and he will take you on a four hour walking / photography tour around all the major attractions in Edinburgh's vibrant and famous historic Old Town. Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited were accredited with an "excellent standard" grading by Visit Scotland, Scotland's national tourist board. In addition we have were awarded TripAdvisor's prestigious Certificate Of Excellence for the year 2015, our fourth year in a row winning this award. We are also ranked as number one of all tours in Edinburgh by USA today. James Christie has established himself as one of the leading photographic instructors in the world with plaudits from all over the globe. As a native of Edinburgh, James will provide an historical account of each attraction visited. His goal is to help you get the best from your camera (SLR, DSLR, Bridge, Compact, even your smart-phone) and show you how to compose professional and memorable shots of Edinburgh. If your camera has the ability to shoot in manual mode, James is confident that after this tour, you will never go back to any of the programmable modes ever again. James shows you how to take each photograph and reviews each shot and guarantees that each participant will take home stunning photographs of Edinburgh that can be displayed and enjoyed for many years to come. The tours are aimed at all levels of photographer, from absolute beginner to experienced professional. James does not use confusing jargon, preferring to explain things in a simple to understand manner. James is friendly, patient, polite and encouraging. Edinburgh Photography Tours were established in 2010, the first photography tour of its kind anywhere in the world. We work very hard to ensure our clients have a first class experience on our tours and we continue to strive for excellence every day. The tours start at 10 am daily (Monday - Sunday) and last approximately 4 to 5 hours.The cost of the tour is £75 (with a maximum of 10 participants per tour) or a four-hour private tour can be booked for £500 (Please e-mail James for further details). Please note: Our Tours always go ahead whether we have one person booked or the maximum of ten people. Tours start in front of the National Monument on Calton Hill at the east end of Princes Street, access can be gained from Waterloo Place and you will always be tutored by James Christie.
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Better than I could have hoped for”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A tour by James is so much more than just a photography tour. His passion, his knowledge and love of Edinburgh came over clearly as we toured around the historic scenes in Auld Reekie. Time passed so quickly, as it always does when you are enjoying something. But not only did I enjoy the tour, I also learned a great deal, with James' unique way of teaching his "students". Nothing was too much bother and he explained the various techniques in layman terms which was easy to understand. There is something for every 'would be photographer' on this trip. I would certainly recommend to any level of photographer. Thanks James.

Visited October 2013
James C, Owner at James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your Edinburgh Photography Tour taking in the iconic landmarks in the city. Thank you for your custom, we appreciate it very much.

Edinburgh Photography Tours

• Polish first
Berkeley, California
“My only regret was that I could not do it earlier!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Within about 5 minutes with James, I knew this was going to be great. I learned how to better use the technology in my camera, how to gain a perspective on possible shots, how to decide what it was I wished to compose, and how to enjoy taking photos. James is personable and enthusiastic.

And, along the way, James gave nuggets of history about Edinburgh. I was so happy I went touring with James.

RobertZ

Visited October 2013
James C, Owner at James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Robert, many thanks for your great review, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your time with James on the tour.
Newtyle, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went on the photography tour today, James is a lovely, helpful guy who makes you feel at ease, not only with him, but your camera too! No problem or question was too big or small for him. Have come away knowing how to work my camera to its full advantage, some brilliant photos Edinburgh and a better knowledge of the city too. If you get the chance to go on one of his photography tours, make sure you take it, you wont regret it :)

Visited October 2013
Hello Susan, thank you for your fantastic five star review, we are really glad that you enjoyed the tour and that James was able to help you better understand your camera.
Edinburgh Photography Tours
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Way beyond my expectations!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

An excellent day with James not only giving me confidence to shoot in Manual mode but providing entertaining and informative snippets about Edinburgh. I saw parts of the city in a totally different light!
Thanks James, I would recommend this tour to anyone stepping up to SLR photography.

Kelowna, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After reading the great reviews, I wanted to sign up my husband to learn more about his camera. He was reluctant, but on our first morning in Edinburgh, we saw this tour on Calton Hill and eavesdropped for a few minutes. Then my husband agreed to go. When I met up with him afterward, he was really excited about all he had learned, both about the city and about photography. James said that you would never go back to automatic settings on the camera, and he was sure right. My husband's photos have improved tremendously. He really enjoys being able to capture what he sees instead of just point, shooting, and hoping. He was also able to point out a lot of things around the city to me. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013

Travelers who viewed James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited also viewed

Been to James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited? Share your experiences!