“The best hotel ever!”
Review of Alexanders Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexanders Rooms
Ranked #113 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Man alive, what a B&B!! Stayed for 3 nights in Edinburgh for the festival and the B&B was incredible... Amazing, beautiful, large room with a wee dram of whisky on arrival! What a start. The owner Keith couldn't have been any nicer. Even bought us a bottle of fizz when found out we were getting married...

Breakfasts were great. Continental style. Breads. Croissants. Muffins. Cheeses. Hams. Wonderful Fresh fruit. Choices of cereal.

The best B&B I've ever stayed in my some distance. Can't wait to come back!

Location is incredible. Morningside is perfect for accessibility to city centre and a wonderful lovely area.

Also, there's free Tunnocks tea cakes at the B&B! What's not to love??!!

Brilliant stay! Can't reccomend enough!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent stay at Alexanders Rooms. Keith is the perfect host: friendly, flexible, helpful, unassuming and sensitive to guests. The flat is beautifully presented, has period features throughout, and full of 'extras' e.g. lots of smart toiletries, dressing gown/slippers, snacks and whisky, and DVD player in each room. Bed is very comfortable too.

I found Morningside a good base - quiet but with atmosphere, leafy, and if you are into coffee, there are several independent coffee shops around here, and some good restaurants too. Very easy to get into town on buses, or can walk (about 25 mins).

Keith does a solid breakfast too, with a wide range of cereals, fruits and breads. Best thing is that you can eat in the beautiful walled garden... or alternatively, put your feet up there for a whisky night-cap on a warm summer's evening!

Finally, it was just me travelling - the solo rate is excellent value, particularly since the rooms are double anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank akv8
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful room overlooking the garden, immaculately kept, excellent breakfast. Keith is truly kind and helpful - he even made sure we woke up at 5.00 to catch our early plane from Glasgow. I can't think of a single thing to criticize. Love Chris and Nunu

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

we stayed there for 2 days for our daughters graduation.Morningside is a great quit place but still close to the town center. We can only recommend this B&B everything was perfect. Keith keeps his place magnificent we just loved all of it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed with Keith for 3 nights earlier this month and had an excellent experience. The B & B is in his lovely, comfortable garden apartment in Morningside, slightly south of the center of town. We stayed in the smaller of the two rooms, but it had a great window and view of the back garden, so we were pleased. He was a wonderful host--present but not pushy, helpful and fun to talk to. It felt more like staying with a friend of a friend than at a B and B. The bed was probably the most comfortable of our trip to Scotland, and after almost 2 weeks of eating eggs for breakfast, we were almost relieved not to have the option. (The breakfast is continental but plentiful.) We were free to make tea in the kitchen (which we did) and use the living room as well. The bathroom is shared, but we didn't find this a problem (and I appreciated the robes in the closet). I also appreciated that Keith was quite mellow about our comings and goings. We arrived the first morning before 11 a.m. and the room was ready for us. He had no strict rules for when you should be out of the flat, and at the end of the trip (and on a rainy day, especially). we appreciated this. I loved being out of the fray of the center of town and wished we'd had a bit more time to explore Morningside and its plentiful charity shops. The bus into town is 2 minutes away, and the city is easy to navigate. I recommend Alexanders Rooms with no hesitation at all, and we're already plotting when we can get back there again.

Room Tip: Both rooms are nice; the one overlooking the back garden is smaller but just opposite the bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and B&B's throughout the UK and abroad. It is rare to find one as welcoming as this one. My friend made the arrangements for our visit to Edinburgh last year. We had heard about this place, but had been unlucky in not being able to secure a booking on our last trip to Edinburgh and stayed at a far more expensive flea pit of a B&B! We were welcomed with coffee and a smile before being shown to our rooms. The rooms are large, clean and beautifully decorated. They come with more amenities than the average five star hotel....a large TV, quality toiletries, a snack tray which was replenished each day, bathrobe and slippers. We were advised to help ourselves to as much coffee as we wanted to. I have dietary needs and even though my friend had advised Keith not to trouble himself with catering for this, he went out of his way to do so. The food was wonderful, the beds comfortable- I actually slept both evenings.....I know that on our next girls trip to Edinburgh we will be making sure to book here again. Thanks Keith for restoring my faith in the B&B hotel industry.

Room Tip: Both rooms are equal in value for a restful sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Beautiful stylish, and very clean accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble for Keith.
I travel up and down the country a lot, and have stayed in various types of accommodation, but nothing compares to Alexanders Rooms. Keith is a lovely friendly helpful person who makes everyone feel welcome.We never had to ask for anything as everything was provided.
The beds are very comfortable plus everything was so fresh and clean.The breakfasts are plentiful, and Keith caters for dietary needs where possible. My friend who traveled with me is celiac and Keith went out of his way to supply her with breakfasts suitable for her needs.
Very good value for money, and without a doubt I will be booking again when I next return to Edinburgh.I highly recommend Alexanders Rooms to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends