“If only other B&B owners could be like Keith”
Review of Alexanders Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexanders Rooms
Ranked #87 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Ayrshire
“If only other B&B owners could be like Keith”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and B&B's throughout the UK and abroad. It is rare to find one as welcoming as this one. My friend made the arrangements for our visit to Edinburgh last year. We had heard about this place, but had been unlucky in not being able to secure a booking on our last trip to Edinburgh and stayed at a far more expensive flea pit of a B&B! We were welcomed with coffee and a smile before being shown to our rooms. The rooms are large, clean and beautifully decorated. They come with more amenities than the average five star hotel....a large TV, quality toiletries, a snack tray which was replenished each day, bathrobe and slippers. We were advised to help ourselves to as much coffee as we wanted to. I have dietary needs and even though my friend had advised Keith not to trouble himself with catering for this, he went out of his way to do so. The food was wonderful, the beds comfortable- I actually slept both evenings.....I know that on our next girls trip to Edinburgh we will be making sure to book here again. Thanks Keith for restoring my faith in the B&B hotel industry.

Room Tip: Both rooms are equal in value for a restful sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Beautiful stylish, and very clean accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble for Keith.
I travel up and down the country a lot, and have stayed in various types of accommodation, but nothing compares to Alexanders Rooms. Keith is a lovely friendly helpful person who makes everyone feel welcome.We never had to ask for anything as everything was provided.
The beds are very comfortable plus everything was so fresh and clean.The breakfasts are plentiful, and Keith caters for dietary needs where possible. My friend who traveled with me is celiac and Keith went out of his way to supply her with breakfasts suitable for her needs.
Very good value for money, and without a doubt I will be booking again when I next return to Edinburgh.I highly recommend Alexanders Rooms to anyone visiting the city.

Weesp, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Staying in Alexanders Rooms was a very nice suprise. I'm from Holland and I only stayed for 2 nights with a friend and enjoyed Keith's hospitality. He was very helpfull, considered, caring in a pleasant way. He was never pushing, too enthousiastic or too much. He knows how to make you feel very welcome in his house. The rooms are great furnished beautifully and it really represented Keith; solid quality with style and a touch of flamboyant humor. I enjoyed the bed with the Egyptian cotton bedlinnen, the breakfast was rich, with plenty fresh fruit, the choice was very good. Keith was very helpful to inform us about the busses, were to dine and were to go. It was a perfect place to be, on do not want to leave. Next time I visit Edinburgh I really do hope that there are rooms available at Alexanders, because I could recommend anyone to book this room.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I couldn't come up with any negatives to my stay here. It was a short bus ride from city centre, away from all the touristy spots. The house is set in an adorable, quiet area of town with plenty of places to eat and drink. The house itself was clean, comfy and relaxing. Keith, the host, was incredibly helpful and sweet. He knew exactly when to check in with you and was very mindful of your privacy at the same time. He let us use his coffee machine anytime we wanted. He also had an amazing breakfast spread ready for us every morning. The garden was also nice to lay out in on a sunny day. The best part (besides Keith) was the bed! SO comfortable! I would recommend anyone visiting Edinburgh to stay here. I can't wait to go back someday.

1 Thank Meagan M
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first visit to Edinburgh and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The house is in a lovely peaceful area but very close to Morningside Road with interesting independent shops,cafes and restaurants. Keith is a lovely guy- welcoming and very helpful but not intrusive.I came with my adult son who is profoundly deaf and Keith was very considerate of him. The rooms are attractive with comfortable beds and there is a lovely sitting room overlooking a peaceful garden. It was great being able to make a drink in the little kitchen whenever we wanted to . I loved the dressing gowns and slippers Keith supplied and the shared bathroom wasn't a problem There were little snacks in the bedrooms and although Keith doesn't do a cooked breakfast there was a plentiful and varied spread including ham , cheese fruits , cereals and pastries. The bus service was excellent- we used it all the time. Keith made great recommendations of places to eat etc. Can't wait to go again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NormaN897
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Keith is very welcoming but you never feel overcrowded. Seems a genuinely thoughful person who enjoys what he does. Continental breakfast was tasty with more than enough to keep you going until lunch. We are both vegetarians but this wasn't a problem in terms of options available. The rooms were cosy, clean and tranquil with plenty of space and thoughtful touches. Decorations and furnishings were in keeping with the age of the house but not old fashioned in any way. It was nice to see an upright grand piano in the living room.
We have both developed a love of Dean' shortbread after sampling some left for us by Keith. My husband enjoyed the whiskey which was a nice surprise in the room. Great to have the option of a wide range of DVDs to choose from and watch in your room if you wish to and of course the living room is there for your use should you want to use it. We enjoyed being able to go into the kitchen to make hot drinks; my husband was pleased to notice that there was a decent quality coffee machine available should he have wished to make a drink. We both slept well, there was no outside noise and the bed was extremely comfortable. Despite the cold weather heating was never an issue. Nobody else was staying there when we visited so the shared bathroom wasn't a problem for us.
Lovely area to stay in, lots of interesting independent stores, all you would need is within walking distance. Short and convenient bus ride into town centre, buses regular (even on the Sunday), they were very clean and not over crowded. Helpful electronic timetable by the bus stops so that you know how long you need to wait, longest we waited was seven minutes. We got one taxi to the b and b when we arrived at night, it was less than seven pounds and around ten minutes in journey time. Buses take about 15 minutes into the centre of town. Keith was able to answer all the questions we asked him re buses, etc. Would wholeheartedly recommend for a stay in Edinburgh. Great value for money compared to more central options with minor inconvenience caused by being just outside the centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hassel, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice place to stay in the Morningside area in Edinburgh.
Comfortable room with little extras (bath robe, slippers). Keith is very helpful and prepares a lovely breakfast, fresh fruit, toasts, müsli, ham, cheese,....

Room Tip: Quite location a little walking distance from Edinburgh city centre.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo