“Chai latte to die for!”
Review of Papii

Papii
Ranked #52 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Greek, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: This is a relatively new cafe in Edinburgh- opened last year. Not sure why it doesn't have its own page yet as it's very popular. Breakfast Brunch, good coffee, lots of homemade food, scones. open 7 days.
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit though on first visit we just had drinks as we were meeting friends & had unfortunately already eaten:(, today I had eggs Benedict which was gorgeous & my other half had the breakfast panini, it must have been good, wasn't even offered a bite! We both had 2 chai lattes & finished off with a scone to share - huge fruit scone served warm & sprinkled with icing sugar & served with butter & jam! Yum! I really wish there was a Papii nearer to home but might not be a good idea as the chai lattes are far too addictive! Going to get a coffee next time as the wee "Papii" duck logo is so cute! Definitely a work of art on a coffee cup! Will be back every time we're in Edinburgh! :))

2  Thank scoobydooFalkirk

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went in for coffee and cake. Ended up having a lovely fresh baguette as well. Cafe was busy but we got a seat. Great service and prices very good. Place is very clean and food was delicious.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

After the number of positive reviews left on Trip Advisor, I had to visit this gem with my partner - and am I glad we did! The cappuccinos are creamy, the traditional Greek pie was comforting on a cold day, and the mountainous waffles were the cherry on top of a pleasant meal! The portion size of the waffles was particularly generous, and bacon, maple syrup, strawberries and cream is an excellent combination. The price is right, so I will absolutely go again.

2  Thank Alliie
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My partner and I popped in here for a quick coffee before continuing our sightseeing of Edinburgh, we then stayed to try the hot chocolate and milk shakes and nothing disappointed! The presentation alone was superb, but I have to say the hot chocolate was the creamiest chocolatey-est beverage I have ever had. The Oreo milkshake was gorgeous, so thick it held an Oreo on top without it sinking - that's what I call a proper milkshake! Very quirky with its jar glasses and very quaint little hideaway, I soooo wish I lived nearby as I would be a regular (probably annoying them a bit too much!) I didn't get to taste the food as we had lunch booked elsewhere but I have to say it looked so good I was tempted to cancel and stay there all day working my way through the food and drink menu!

2  Thank Clare W
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We spent a week in Edinburgh over new year and this place was so great we had to go twice. The key reasons were - the quality of the food and coffee, the owners and decor. First time was for lunch and it was lovely home made fresh food. We ate light and had a soup and sandwich - both very tasty, and there were loads of other tempting options. The next time was for a coffee and sweet treat - both really hit the spot. The coffee was the best looking ever (see below) and was the nicest we had in Edinburgh. The owners were genuinely lovely and we had a really nice chat the second time, it reinforces the reasons why you should support independent coffee shops (ok, mini rant over!). The decor was perfect for a winters day - staring at beautiful pictures of Greece! Will definitely be heading back

2  Thank Ipswich_fan