2,312 results
All reviews these apartments tesco express one bedroom apartment apartment was clean washing machine the sofa bed city centre self catering great apartment full kitchen secure parking haymarket station minute walk well equipped kitchen living area quiet area per day
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My only negative feedback is regarding the $50 per person deposit that was required at check in. (There were 5 ppl in our group). It was discerning that the deposit I had to put down for the room was more than the cost of the room by almost double. The room cost $215 usd and the deposit was almost $500 usd, plus the deposit was held for 5 days. I understand that isn't the hotels issue necessarily and has to do with my credit company but it came as a shock to me when I checked in. Otherwise, the room was great and accommodated the 5 of us perfectly.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KayNL
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our break at these Townhouses. Very clean and warm. Good location. 10 minute walk to princess Street or Castle. Definitely recommend and would return. Clean and ample bedding and towels were provided. Few nice touches for example hotel toiletries in bathrooms and toilet rolls.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked a superior one-bedroom apartment to have more space and I was not disappointed. The dining room was very spacious. The overall cleaniness was fair. The location is exceptional: a quiet district but not far from the castle and the entertainement area (15-20 minutes walk) and near to many shops to buy food and also to a few fine restaurants.
The flat is furnished and equipped with all sorts of amenities.
There are a few details that should be improved: WiFi was not working properly at all, most of the time was out of order. Bed linen was absolutely insufficient, worn out and not even covering the mattress. Finally, we were gvien just one key, so we were forced to move always around together as there was not even the way to communicate with the reception.
Making some small changes would increase the rate of this structure relevantly.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our visit to Edinburgh recently and found the apartments to be quite clean and the service very good. The staff were friendly and didn't seem to mind helping out the guests find exactly what the needed.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

These are nice clean centrally located apartments, originally built as flats. For what they are they are inexpensive and should suit many people.
However the management lets them down badly. We booked one apartment for 3 kids and 2 adults for one day/night in Edinburgh before flying back to Sussex. Although the apartment was very neat and clean with good facilities the heating control was broken and the room very hot. The desk attendant could do nothing about and turned the heating off. The pull out bed in the lounge was also broken and would not pull out. We also discovered the bolts lying on the floor underneath it. It was too late for us to suffer the attendant again so we put up with it and mentioned it in the morning. Other annoyances included a bath/shower that did not drain and very loud and sustained hammering on the main door at 2am.
All in all it did not give us the untroubled night we wanted before catching our very early flight.
I suggest that the rooms need to be checked much better between occupancies and that staff members are able to mend or replace broken or faulty equipment.
It remains to be seen if we'll get our £150 deposit back or if the company will attempt to charge the broken pull-out bed to us.

1  Thank barcombeboy