2,275 results
All reviews these apartments tesco express one bedroom apartment washing machine apartment was clean the sofa bed city centre great apartments self catering minute walk full kitchen secure parking living area well equipped kitchen haymarket station quiet area per day
Reviewed January 1, 2014

1, rude staff
2,stupid staff
3,treat guests very cold and influence our travelling mood

Here is the experience:

The one male staff at the reception is quite rude and too stupid to be flexible. We called them in advance to ask if we could check in earlier around half 12 at noon, and a female staff responded it's fine. So we booked a taxi to check in as planned on the day in a heavy rain, but the male staff didn't allow us to check in at noon. We have heavy luggages and it's raining outside but we have no place to stay, while the staff said the checkin time starting from 15.00, which was just 3 hours later. At the end, the staff even charged us for the locker...If their staff could tell us they cannot allow earlier checkin when we called them in advance, we would not book a taxi to go there at that early time! It's obviously their problem of arrangement but they still insist their ridiculous rule. Damn it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tina215513
Reviewed December 23, 2013

These apartments were clean had everything you needed. Taxis were available within 5 mins to take you were needed. My friends and I had a very enjoyable time. The only thing with six friends staying there could have been another bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was my second time staying at these apartments.

The staff are quite rude, one in particular I don't know her name but she sounds Eastern European on the phone, she must have no customer service experience whatsoever!

The apartments were nice, but they were supposed to sleep up to 6 (luckily there was only 4 of us as some people dropped out of coming) the living room was smaller than my own flat, it has a couch and a chair so not quite sure how 6 people are fitting in here.. And the dining table sits 4 people (brilliant!). The 2 double bedrooms were nice, although only one of them had a mirror. Bathroom was basic, but again one toilet and one shower for 6 people? Especially if it was 6 girls all getting ready for a night out...

The location is good, we walked there from Haymarket as only room about 15 minutes to get there.

They ask for a £50 deposit per person even after you've paid several hundred for the actual apartment. I used my card and was told at the time it would take a few days for it to unfreeze and to go back into my account. I stayed on 14th December and its now 23rd and the money still isn't my account. Despite 3 phone calls to the stay city offices I'm no further in finding out when the money will go in my account due to the incompetent staff who have no idea about the way their own deposits work... Surely someone somewhere can give me an answer?!! My bank doesn't have the money, I don't have the money and apparently stay city apartments don't have the money.. So who does? Right before Christmas as well, just what everyone needs!

Wouldn't stay here again due to the attitude and compete unhelpfulness of the staff and overall value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank APaterson88
Reviewed December 17, 2013

About a mile from Edinburgh Castle, it is new construction with everything modern. Nice sized rooms, it is quiet, as it is down a small side street (you need a map to find it, but once you do its a pleasant walk to the city center. There is a big enough store for food and other things (Tesco) a block away, suited all my needs. Comfortable bed, seems to be a perfectly safe area. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo