“Impressive”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Outside of London, this gallery has the most extensive collection of old masters. Anyone interested in the arts should spend a few hours here. Olive trees by Van Gogh was my stand out fave in the wonderful impressionists gallery

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Good selection of works over a compact area. Excellent café & gift shop. Smaller obviously than London's huge National Gallery but much less time consuming. Again free entry.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The leaflets for the gallery are excellent, as they direct the visitor to his/her specific interests. The Portraits and exhibitions themselves are wonderful. We intended to see most of the gallery in one afternoon - we never got off one floor!! The staff is well trained and very helpful. I asked a question that the curator couldn't answer, even after looking through some books. He took my email address and once he had an answer, let me know by email! How helpful is that?
There is a really good shop and a very good restaurant, with a changing menu. Very modern Scottish.
This gallery is worth a visit - even if you don't think of yourself as "arty farty" !!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Even the building is superb! The collection is very impressive and we had a very interesting afternoon wandering around this building, finishing with a coffee in the downstairs cafe. Recommended!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was recommended to visit to see the exhibition of Turner watercolours and drawings only shown in January . This being the type of landscape I enjoy, the visit was correspondingly worthwhile: I found the information given about Turner's annual continental trips filled out the backgound for me and allowed me to see the works as part of his life and less as individual pieces.

1  Thank ValThorensSkier