“Fab Day Out”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a fab visit, and its free!
Dont miss this it is really interesting.
Just be careful which exhibits you photograph, some are restricted.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,973)
All reviews
in 89 reviews
"few hours"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

we were surprised to find such a vast array of works by some of the worlds most renowned artists, and I am not really a gallery person, the gallery was not overcrowded so you could just wonder around at your leisure and take it all in.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was not crowded, comfortable, beautiful works of art and free. We saw paintings by Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gough and Degas including sculpture. The Scottish exhibition was great too! A pleasant wander and an opportunity to visually experience some history.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Surprised it wasn't more busy, great collection of art. Probably the best variety we had seen in UK, and easy to view due to lack of crowds. We ran out of time viewing everything as we had to catch a train, had only discovered it when we walking around the gardens & decided to go the last morning we where Edinburgh.