“Lovely rooms, very friendly service”

The Salisbury Hotel
Ranked #75 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely rooms, very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed at Salisbury in March and we stayed in ground floor room with huge windows overlooking a lovely garden. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was great. Owner was lovely and showed us the massive family room - would definitely stay there next time, worth paying a bit extra for! Stayed at hotel as was going into hospital, loved the character of the old building and owner is working hard to preserve this! My partner & I often visit Edinburgh and will be making a booking here, just a short taxi ride to city. Highly recommend French restaurant below hotel, excellent quality and good lunch & pre-theatre menu.

Room Tip: Book a Family Room if u can.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisburyhotel4345, General Manager at The Salisbury Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. we invest heavily in the maintenance and upkeep of the building in order for it to look as good as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to The Salisbury in the near future.

Kind Regards

Kevan Potter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay.. Kevin and all the staff at the Salisbury Hotel are so friendly and helpful. Perfect location for exploring Edinburgh, we were recommended to eat in some lovely places who will also be getting a review on Trip Advisor. We will definitely stay in this hotel again !!

• Stayed May 2014
Salisburyhotel4345, General Manager at The Salisbury Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Good Morning and thank you for your very positive feedback of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Salisbury in the future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here on a business trip to Edinburgh, having chosen the hotel on the basis of its proximity to where I would be working. Whilst perfectly comfortable, the rooms are a little tatty around the edges (chipped plasterwork, precariously-attached lampshades and a wardrobe hanging rail which collapsed on a regular basis) and my double would have been rather snug for two. However, staff were friendly and the breakfast was perfectly acceptable.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Salisburyhotel4345, General Manager at The Salisbury Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review The Salisbury Hotel. I am sorry to read that you had a number of issues with our accommodation. I wish you had taken the time to bring all these issues to the attention of the front of house team or myself. Had this been done we could have sorted out all of the issues that you have mentioned. We at The Salisbury pride ourself on the high standards of the decor in our rooms, which has mostly received very positive feedback from guests.

The premises consists of two Georgian properties and things do go wrong at times. We always invest heavily in our maintenance programme to keep the building in good condition.

Just this week past I have had our contractor in to quote for redecoration of a few of our rooms, as when something like this is brought to my attention I act upon it as quickly as possible.

I hope you had a productive visit to Edinburgh and hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

South Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were so comfortable in our room we didn't want to leave. Kevin and the team offered excellent customer service and our room was clean with plenty of special touches. I would highly recommend The Salisbury Hotel to anyone :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that my team has given you such a good impression of the hotel. I am very proud of them for this. We strive to ensure that all guests receive the highest possible standard of customer service possible during their visits.

We hope you had a safe journey back to Australia and hopefully we will see you back in Edinburgh again.

Regards

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Hotel well situated for the Children's hospital & City centre only a short bus ride away. Pleasant quiet room overlooking the garden with larger than average double bed. However pillows too firm for me & quilt very heavy making for an uncomfortable nights sleep. This said I would return if I visit the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that many aspects of your stay were positive. In regards to the pillow and duvet situation I can only apologise for this not being up to the standard that you required. We are currently looking into stocking different types of pillow to ensure that we can meet the highest standards possible for our guests. In regards to the duvet I will take this feedback on board and try to look for a resolution.

This said I do hope you will come back to The Salisbury.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very nice, clean hotel - located close to city centre. Staff were very helpful and thoughtful. facilities were excellant and as advertised. w=Would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit / stay in Edinburgh

Room Tip: just go with any
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of The Salisbury Hotel. We are glad to hear that the hotel met with all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

After having stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world the Salisbury is in now firmly in my top 10. Could you do better in terms of Georgian glamour? Sure, but this hotel goes the extra mile in terms of unbelievable customer service.

This well located hotel (1o minute bus trip or a good 25 minute walk) is intimate, rooms comfy, the bed sheets are magnificent and big, bright bathrooms all make this a great stay but it's the staff that put the Salisbury into a different stratosphere.

From the moment you walk through the door you feel at home, happy and welcomed. The gift of Tunnocks Teacakes (very Scottish) , everyone knows your name and we were personally welcomed by Kevan The General Manager, these things all combine into a lovely customer caring touch. All too often a hotel will kindly take your money and you feel like your just another sausage being spat out of the factory. At the Salisbury be prepared for a warm surprise. Imagine a hotel where your asked about your day!

I leave knowing I will be back. Thanks team Salisbury, take a bow, because anyone who has stayed here is or should be applauding.

Room Tip: We had a superior double overlooking the garden and the hotels very own log cabin! Garden view is be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisburyhotel4345, General Manager at The Salisbury Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of The Salisbury Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a good experience during your stay with us. I am very proud of my team and the excellent customer service they have shown. We at The Salisbury try very hard to ensure that our guests do feel at home and not just another "sausage spat out of the factory". All of our guests are very important to us and the reason we come to work each day!

We do hope to see you soon.

Kindest regards