This hotel looks quite nice at face value. perhaps a little crumbling at the edges. Its close to Arthur's seat and the international swimming pool. A resonably and not unpleasant walk to the University and a little further to the city centre.
The main grumbles were the potentially lethal tiles in the bathroom when combined with the operation of the walk-in-shower-cum-mini-swimming pool....Seriously slippy! I'm surprised no one has slipped and broken bones. Advice? Bring flip-flops or throw every available towel on the floor. Also the bath taps didn't work properly nor did the bath plug and the toilet is so close to the wooden box under the wash basin that it was hard not to decapitate one's knee. Oh and the toilet wobbled worryingly on deseating.
The only other grumbles centred on some of staff looking after the breakfast room. Rude is one way to describe their attitude, brusque another more generous way. And be prepared to hold on tightly to your plate unless you want them whipped from beneath your eyes in a millisecond without even asking if you had finished..uneaten toast squirrelled away without a peep, shortly followed by the plates and cups and saucers. Beware the 10am breakfast deadline is strictly enforced. A 9.55 arrival might mean the table is already being cleared and noisily put away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland