The hotel is on a quiet residential street but not convenient to Old Town and major tourist sites. Unless you like walking over a mile to reach center of town and the trip back at night is uphill might consider a different hotel. We ended up taking taxis which were 7£...not alot but factor into cost. Room was fine with updated bath. Breakfast was continental buffet; eggs and warm items available for additional charge. The in-hotel cafe restaurant was nice and very convenient for late day food or drinks. Wifi was supposedly available but did not reach to our room on lower level. Front desk staff was helpful and if need taxi to airport will arrange driver for set price that is lower than typical taxi rate. On a short trip I would suggest hotel near city center
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland