“Great place”

Leo's Beanery
Ranked #5 of 152 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: New Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I must have been to Leo's well over 100 times. I used to work round the corner so would regularly pop in with my laptop to do work whilst having a coffee or spot of lunch. I never used to eat quiche until I tried theirs... fantastic.... real men eat quiche!
Sadly I no longer work round the corner so don't get the chance to pop in much. I still make the effort every now and again though...
A lovely place with lovely food, lovely coffee and a lovely vibe.

• Visited April 2012
Lollyboot, Owner at Leo's Beanery, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi Nick, we hope you a well!
Thank you so much for putting a great review on here for us, we do miss you coming in for quiche!
You are definitely correct though real men DO eat quiche!!
We hope you manage a trip across town in the near future and wish you a fantastic year 2013!
Best wishes,
Joe, Marie and The Team @ Leo's!x

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly atmosphere and good quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff are really friendly.
The bacon roll was really good and good quality products for a reasonable price.
I will recommend the Moroccan mint tea ..... delicious.
Definitely a good place to go for a nice cup of tea in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Lollyboot, Owner at Leo's Beanery, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi Gabrielle,
Thanks so much for giving us a great review here on tripadvisor!
We are delighted you loved everything and hope you come back soon!
Best New Year wishes!
Joe, Marie and The Team @ Leo's!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whoever Leo actually is, I love him a wee bit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I can't stop going back to Leo's. A cosy, warm, busy, shabby basement-floor coffee shop and cafe that leaves me smiling every single time. Their coffees are great - not the best you can find in Edinburgh, but very, very good - and their cakes are consistently excellent. I fondly remember an espresso & date cake from at least 3 months ago, still. Might have been 4 months in fact. I've had their sandwiches, salads, even once their porridge and I've never had cause for complaint about drinks or food.

The staff have that magic mix of being attentive and friendy, without being over-bearing, and the atmosphere is always chatty and buzzing. It's so busy here that I have been uber-selfish and not told more than a couple of choice friends about it. Leo's is ever-so-slightly on the pricey side, but well worth it if you ask me.

Worth mentioning are that it is bar service, last I checked, and there is a plethora of board games in the back room for kids. And adults. Well, big kids...

1 Thank David H
Lollyboot, Owner at Leo's Beanery, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
David we are absolutely delighted with your review and so pleased you have enjoyed coming to Leo's, it sounds on numerous occasions! Leo, of Leo's Beanery was in fact my husbands late grandfather. When opening the cafe we had no idea what to call it, but knowing that he would have been very proud indeed named it after him!
We do hope you continue to enjoy coming to Leo's!
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review,
Kind regards,
Joe, Marie and the team at Leo's!!
edinburgh
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Lovely cafe, got a nice shabby chic vibe going on. The food was delicious and the service was relaxed and friendly

• Visited November 2012
Lollyboot, Owner at Leo's Beanery, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to firstly visit us, and then post a great review.
We hope you return again soon,
Best,
Joe, Marie and the team at Leo's!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great local coffee shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I'm lucky to live just around the corner from Leo's. Great coffee, fantastic cakes (there goes the waistline!) and excellent lunches. The owners & their team are really friendly & helpful. Grab an outside table on one of our rare sunny days. Strongly recommended if you live nearby and haven't yet discovered Leo's or visiting Edinburgh.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MartinC132
Lollyboot, Owner at Leo's Beanery, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review on tripadvisor.
We are most grateful and delighted that you enjoy coming to our cafe so much!
We also believe that having local cafes, corner shops, butchers, green grocers..... Make every area a better place to be. So thank you for supporting us and we hope to welcome you again soon!
Kind regards,
Joe, Marie and the team at Leo's!