“Great location with disasterous customer service”
Review of The Leith Beer Company - CLOSED

The Leith Beer Company
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: We're a fun place to eat and drink, dog friendly, kids welcome, table service for food, great selection of beers on draught, wines, bottled ciders and beers, and all the usual spirits. When the weather permits (which is not often!) we have a large outside seating area in the front. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great location with disasterous customer service”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family and I popped into the Leith beer company on Monday afternoon. My wife and daughter went inside to get drinks from the bar (They were served by the duty manager) The manager mis heard my wife and she ended up with a extra drink. When this was pointed out to the manager she turned round and said she ordered the drink and was duly charged for the drink.
It was again mentioned that the drink was not order and can we get a refund, No was the reply.
This is probably the worst customer service we have ever received. In times of austerity customer service is paramount, but not in the Leith Beer Company!!!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank John C
LeithBeerCo, Manager at The Leith Beer Company, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Your family were and always are very polite and friendly when they visit our venue. Unfortunately your wife's order for a Brandy and lemonade was misheard by the duty manager who thought she'd asked for a vodka and lemonade. She confirmed with your wife, "Was that a vodka and lemonade you said?". Your wife was preoccupied and automatically replied with a "yes". My duty manager duly charged her for the vodka she had confirmed she wanted. Had you been less aggressive towards the 5 foot 3 inch tall duty manager she may well have refunded the vodka out of good will. The reality was that you had your finger an inch from her nose and launched a racist volley at her as you returned to your seat outside. One of the many customers who witnessed your embarrassing remarks even saw fit to approach you and make you aware you had reduced a young lady to tears and offended the nation of China. Please do not return to this venue unless you are armed with a full apology to my duty manager who has the right to work without fear of aggression from customers.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great beer, great service”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was average, but it's a fantastic environment and they have a great beer selection. The service was also prompt, friendly, and overall pleasing.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kristen B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice on a hot sunny day”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good for sitting out side. The food is good and there are a reasonable selection of drinks. The service is a bit sketchy though, the staff seem happier to interact with each other rather than customers.

Visited June 2013
I'm sorry you found the service to be a bit sketchy when you visited. I can only assume (and hope) that you expected table service in the beer terrace. Unfortunately we do not offer table service for outside tables and there is a sign explaining this policy on the front of the bar. If this was not the case and you were genuinely ignored by staff busy talking amongst themselves then I can only offer my sincere apologies and would like to welcome you back to right that wrong and give you a 20% discount. I hope this is a little misunderstanding and that we will see you again in the future. Please contact me via here and I will be more than happy to arrange a discount for your next visit.
“Great service staff , food let it down badly”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have to say that the staff were totally lovely , friendly and enthusiastic. Starter was good although salad was mournfully droopy. The main courses were bad - droopy salad with inedible burger which did not smell fresh, the steak pie looked like a curry with a bit of puff pastry floating on the top served with stringy cheese mash potatoe which solidified into a plasticky mush.
The atmosphere was good , people looked happy - I would go back for a drink , but I don't
Think I would eat there again

• Visited May 2013
“Fast, fresh food.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here for a bit to eat one evening. Genuine friendly service, you can tell the staff enjoy working there. Food was original, fresh and tasty. Mistake was made with our order which was rectified in minutes with no hassle. I have returned many times for drinks in the spacious beergarden, and they allow dogs. What more could you ask for?!

• Visited April 2013