My wife and I recently spent a night in this beautiful hotel which is ideally situated for Edinburgh's West End. We were met at reception by a very friendly young Australian girl who enthused about the city and the hotel. She in no way exaggerated the quality of this splendid residence which displays all the grandeur of it's Georgian heritage with none of the normal drawbacks of an aged property. We had booked the one night bed and breakfast internet rate and were delighted with the very high standard of the room and service provided. We had a massive room which had a very comfortable bed with adjoining lounge area complete with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, crockery, cutlery and selection of wine glasses along with a tv and dvd player and an mp3 docking station available on request. We also had robes and slippers provided, all very plush! The room was very cosy despite it's enormity and surprisingly quiet given it's ground floor location to the front of the hotel, in fact it was the quietest city hotel we have ever stayed in. The bathroom which was equal in grandeur to the bedroom/lounge area lovely had the best shower I have encountered in any hotel. As this hotel has no restaurant, all dining is in suite. We decided not to opt for this on the evening of our stay however wish we had done after experiencing the quality of the beautiful breakfast which was delivered at our requested time. This allowed us the luxury of not rushing to get showered and dressed in the morning and made us feel like Lord and Lady of the Manor!! There is a fantastic selection of juices, cereals and porridge, toast, tea and coffee and a great cooked Scottish Breakfast, one tiny complaint was the type of black pudding which for my taste must always be sourced from Charles Macleod of Stornoway to be top quality. This however is nitpicking as I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and still had time for a lie down to recover before we had to tear ourselves away from this beautiful hotel. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes a stylish, comfortable, quiet haven which has easy access to all of the capital's delights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edinburgh Residence is a collection of 29 elegant, 5-star hotel suites through three adjoining Victorian houses in the West End of Edinburgh. Categorized as 'Classic,' 'Grand' and 'Town House,' the 5-star suites are more like apartments, with magnificent proportions that really allow you to spread out and make yourself at home. In some, the sitting rooms are adjoining, and in others they are self-contained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Edinburgh Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edinburgh Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- The Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Residence Scotland