“Fantastic Staff”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We spent 3 days at the Hotel Indigo. Enough cannot be said about the staff. They were friendly, knowledgable about the area and were always eager to answer our many questions, from what areas to go/not go to, booking golf tee times, and getting us exact change to take the bus. The rooms are decent sized and have a modern decor. The hotel was clean throughout and the location was convenient for getting to all the local attractions. Great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Rather pricey place but recently modernised, very clean, excellent friendly service, good breakfast and central location. Would consider other hotels for same price. Rooms and bathrooms very spacious and mini bar complimentary which was very welcome indeed.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My sister and I just returned from a long weekend to Edinburgh for my birthday and were very pleased with our stay at Hotel Indigo. When we arrived, a little after the 3pm check in due to our flight being delayed, we were told our room was still being inspected, however we were asked to take a seat and given complimentary coffees which was nice.

Not too long after we arrived at our room 105. I was told quite a few people received cakes or little cards on their birthdays from the hotel, I didn't, but it didn't really matter. The bed was high with a comfy mattress, x2 pillows each, which could have been firmer, but I'm fussy with pillows! The TV was big with a good selection of channels (if you wanted to stay in). And in general the room was fairly spacious, my sister was absolutely delighted at having a small table and chairs outside the room so she could smoke without having to leave the hotel! The bathroom was very large, with a very large shower. I have always preferred a bath as well in a room but the shower was great and there were a nice selection of products to use. What gave the room a nice touch as well was the mini complimentary bar including soft drinks milks and snacks. I always prefer fresh coffee to instant but you can always order this via room service and pay.

The service really made our stay. We ordered room service quite a few times, both breakfast in bed and many a cocktail (I recommend the Cranachan, it was delicious). Make sure you know you don't receive a full Scottish breakfast in bed, only continental! We didn't know this our first day so didn't order much from the continental list and were then left quite hungry. The staff were always friendly, polite and the receptionist was always very accommodating. When we did go down for breakfast, I felt the continental selection could have been a bit broader considering the amount you pay but the cooked Scottish breakfast was wonderful, try the haggis its delicious! I had a problem with my poached egg being overcooked but in minutes they got me a replacement cooked much better.

The hotel is literally 5 / 10 minutes from the shopping center with John Lewis, Topshop, HM, loads of Scottish souvenir shops etc and the staff were always happy to order taxis which included 20% off normal taxi rates. Its about £20 to get from the airport to the hotel and about £12 to get to the zoo.

Overall a great weekend and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Amazing stay at hotel indigo stayed for two nights for my boyfriends birthday, i'd asked for a cake or something that said happy birthday to be put in the room and we were greeted with a cake! Room really good amazing facilities including complimentary mini bar, breakfast not great only thing that lets it down but plenty of places nearby to have breakfast. Toiletries in room really nice aswell and room service not extortionally priced. Would definitely stay again :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with husband and was not impressed. Poor room location right nexr to lifts. Dark room as no view backed onto wall with noise from air conditioning unit all night. Worse thing is breakfast very poor continental and cooked option. Have had better experience in Premier Inn dont waste your money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coolbadger77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Coolbadger77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is unfortunate that this visit was a disappointment on several aspects most especially with the condition of the breakfast served and the air conditioning unit. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Indigo

I booked into the Indigo because I had a great experience with the chain in London.

I was not disappointed.

The room had a very similar modern style and colorful style to the London hotel.

That included a modern TV, a nice settee to relax on and read the paper ontwo huge windows, hardwood floors, plenty of lighting and a stocked bar fridge.

My room was on the 3rd floor facing the street and time to time there was some vibration from the tram but otherwise it was quite quiet.

The air conditioning worked fine.

The Internet was fast and free but a bit difficult to access.

The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows.

The bathroom was modern and clean with a choice of water jets.

Concierge was very helpful in assisting to find some nearby shops.

The hotel is located in a great part of town.

I highly recommend and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Would suggest the back of the hotel might be a bit quieter but I found the front to be fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed on a Saturday night. We were part of a wedding party. I was worried that it was going to be noisy as it is in town and next to a busy road but I was surprised by how quite it was. We had a room at the rear of the hotel and it was great.

The rooms were clean, well furnished and stylish. The bathroom was modern and clean.

The staff were polite and friendly. They went the extra mile to make sure the wedding party were happy serving drinks into the early hours.

We had the cooked breakfast in the morning and it was good.

All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends