“Escape to Edinburgh”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #59 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed December 8, 2013

stayed here for a night with my husband x the hotel location is just less than 10 minute walk from Princess Street x the hotel and room were very clean, comfortable and very stylish x staff were excellent and helpful, nothing was too much x our rate included evening meal which was excellent x negatives of the stay were that it advertised luxurey toiletries in the room but all we found was a bar of soap although it was soon rectified by staff and there could have been a couple of more choices on the menu and be prepared for a small wait for breakfast which is brought to your attention by the hotel info booklet in the room x positives far outway negatives and this would be first choice for us if we stay in Edinburgh again x we only gave 3 stars for pool and spa because we didnt use them and we had to give a rating x

1  Thank Hobbitwife
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Hobbitwife,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your overnight stay in Edinburgh. We certainly are in a great city centre location and you will find all of Edinburgh's major attractions as well as some great shopping and the Playhouse theatre within walking distance.
Please accept my apologies that the luxury toiletries were not in your room on arrival but I am delighted to hear that our reception team rectified this promptly.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay curious,

Dominic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is ideally located in Edinburgh for all the attractions. Just a 2 minute walk to the theatre, and a 5 minute walk to Princes Street. The rooms are modern, clean,warm and nicely finished with complimentary soft drinks and snacks as well as toiletries and in room safe. The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are tasty,well cooked and filling.

Dear Wayne77,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time in Edinburgh. All our boutique style bedrooms come complete with welcome mini bar with snacks, soft drinks and fresh milk, complimentary Wifi, luxury toiletries and more. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our full Scottish breakfast and I will certainly pass your compliments on to our team.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon, maybe for some new year shopping.

Stay curious,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a one night stay in December which was very enjoyable . The staff were excellent and helpful and we were quickly checked in . The bedroom was very comfortable with good on suite and mini bar facilities and we had a peaceful nights sleep . Breakfast had a good choice and the cooked English Breakfast was excellent . We had the evening meal which was the Christmas menu and we found it very disappointing .The choice was very limited and the main courses were bland and very small portions .Some of our party felt the food in general could have been warmer . Drinks in the bar were also priced on the high side .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bodmas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the warm welcome of our team and the comfort of your bedroom. Our chefs take great pride in using only seasonal and local produce and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your full Scottish breakfast.
Please accept my apologies that your evening meal was not to your expectations. I have discussed your comments with our head chef who has reviewed the current Christmas menu and made the necessary adjustments.

I do hope that we can welcome you and your party back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay original,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

A very good experience: staff were helpful and accommodating, the room was really great (so much so that we were tempted to cancel our plans, stay in, veg out and get room service), lots of nice touches. Very quiet on the 4th floor (room 408 has distant sea views). Bed was a tad high so may not suit small children, but we were very comfortable. The floor plan shows rooms of different shapes and sizes so may be worth contacting them to discuss requirements in advance - I felt that staff would work hard to try to make it a good stay.

Lots of nice cafes on nearby Broughton St for breakfast, although room-service costs in the hotel seemed reasonable. Didn't try the restaurant or bar due to other commitments but they looked inviting.

The free wifi is a bit slow and has a download limit per 24 hours - not a huge problem for us when we exceeded it uploading photos, but worth noting. Not sure what other options there were but suspect you need to pay if you need extra.

Would happily return (and hopefully will).

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I changed my hotel the night before to be in a more central location in Edinburgh and to use the gym facilities - managed to secure a very good rate (a real bonus). The hotel is about a 10 min walk from Waverley train station and is easy to find. On arrival, the service was quick and courteous. My room was located in the basement (room number 002 - ensure you do not have this room). Although the room was modern, nice and spacious with a very nice LG flat screen TV and had a nice shower room, during the night my sleep was disturbed by movement on the floor above and did not need the alarm call!
At breakfast the following morning, it was a pleasant surprise not to have to make my own toast and you could order a Scottish breakfast or have something lighter if you so wished. The restaurant staff were very helpful.
With reference to the gym, kindly note it is small with only two running machines and a cross trainer plus some weights. It is however, available 24 x 7 and when I used the running machine in the morning before breakfast, I was the only person in the gym.
Despite the issue with the room, I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning both on business and with the family.

Room Tip: Avoid room 002 or a basement bedroom as you might suffer from noise from above.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I spent one night in this hotel during a short break in Edinburgh.
I will keep this review short. This is an excellent hotel. Our room was first class and the service from start to finish was excellent. The hotel is in a great location and is a short walk away from Princess Street. We will return...!

Room Tip: I am assuming that all of the roms will be great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great hotel with attention to detail that made my wedding guests very happy!! Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, even when we stayed in the bar until late and arrived late for breakfast, the friendly staff did everything they could to help. Dominic (the manager) and Daniel (Front of House) were great, and made us feel at home, making the wedding day less stressful!!! The only slight issue is the lack of nearby parking, but we were able to pull up outside where the staff helped us to take our belongings into the hotel - no reflection on the actual hotel at all. Thanks everybody, Sam & Drew

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family