Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,427 results
All reviewscomplimentary mini baryork placeaveda toiletriesirn brutram stopjohn lewisrain showerfresh milkroad worksjunior suitelovely hotelplayhouse theatrehotel barbed was very comfortablefull scottish breakfastprincess streethigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and our expectations were not met. Firstly, we were put in a room with no elevator access despite clearly having 4 heavy bags due to moving overseas. This seemed somewhat inconsiderate of the staff, especially as we weren't informed of this beforehand. When we arrived in the room, we noticed the television volume dial in the bathroom (while a cool feature) did not work. We brought this to the attention of the front desk and eventually a maintenance person attempted to fix it.

When we opened the complimentary fridge, we noticed the milk was expired and a chocolate bar was already opened. Next, I opened up my laptop to go online and, despite the hotel's website advertising "high speed" internet access in the rooms, the internet speed from our room was a mere 0.23Mb/s which was relatively useless for important online activities such as banking, booking flights, making Skype calls, etc.

We went to breakfast the next morning and it was not clear whether the room type we booked (Advance Server Rate with Breakfast) included the Continental breakfast or the Full Scottish breakfast. Our waitress was unable to answer our questions so I had to go out and ask the front desk. Furthermore, as a priority member, when I checked in I was informed I would be receiving a daily newspaper. I did not receive a newspaper until the last morning of my stay.
We brought all of these issues to the attention of the hotel manager and he sent to our room a dessert tray and an apology note. The note asked us to provide him with a phone number and time to reach us. We gave him this information but never received a call. We have never heard from him. While the room was clean, comfortable, and well decorated, we were very surprised by the above issues as the hotel is highly recommended by reviewers here. Our disappointing experience certainly does not reflect these reviews.

Room Tip: North American travellers beware that the King beds in this hotel are not the same size as King beds you are used to. The King beds in this hotel are only the size of a North American Queen.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PrairieVoyager
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased that you liked your room accommodations. I am sorry that you were put in a room with no elevator access and that you experienced trouble with our internet connection. Also, please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service at breakfast. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We recently stayed in hotel indigo, and our experience was very nice. There was one problem that the speakers in the shower didn't work, but the hotel offered us free drinks at the bar, which was more than satisfactory for us. Overall, it was clean, comfortable, helpful staff, nicely decorated, and minutes from the touristy stuff in town. Would recommend to others.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

From being met to being shown to the offsite car park (£12 per day book in advance as very limited spaces) to check in, the room, breakfast and check out the whole Indigo experience was great.

Room (311) was great with big comfy bed, decent TV with some free movies, great shower, complimentary soft drinks and snacks mini bar, coffee machine and small sitting area with chez long.

Breakfast was very good and decent value at just under £10 each (if booked at check in but around £17 each if not booked).

Nice boutique style hotel and at the end of York Place around a 3 minute walk to the Edinburgh Playhouse and 10 minutes walk from Edinburgh Waverley station.

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sleep007
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I don't know how anyone could rate this hotel experience anything other than excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly, there was a great complimentary selection and wifi, the location was central and the room/ensuite were immaculate. Couldn't have asked for anything more and I got a great deal on staying here too for £70 a night (cheaper than both premier inn and travel lodge)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

On the 14th July 2012 I checked in to the Hotel Indigo Edinburgh for one night. The booking was made just a few days before and impressed at the cost due to the short time of booking. I arrived at the hotel which was well presented, very smart and tidy. The receptionist was very helpful a very warm welcome provided and staff were well presented. First impressions exceeded what my initial thoughts were. The hotel is created out of 5 original buildings for which has been renovated excellently, with great use of vibrant colour, lighting and style. I was more impressed to find that this hotel was part of the priority club reward scheme, for which i was offered a complimentary upgrate to a junior suite. I was shown to my room, which was outstanding in quality and style. The rooms reflect the whole experience provided from the minute you walk through the door. The rooms was set out well with lovely touches and the receptionist explained what was available in the room, even with a complimentary fridge with a lovely selection of items. The room consisted of a very comfortable kingsize bed, a small living area with TV and sofa's, refreshement facilities. The room consisted of both bath and wonderful large shower, immaculate in condition, plenty of towels and wonderful selection of aveda products to use. Breakfast service was excellent, the room alittle small in opinion but nothing that would distract from the experience. Lovely fresh cooked breakfast to order with continental available as a self service. A truly lovely stay, for which I would recommend 100%. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo