“kazza”

Ranked #64 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Inverness
“kazza”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed here for 1 evening recently.Fantastic room,everything you need,very comfortable bed and great bathroom,mini bar was added bonus,felt totally chilled.bit noisy as room was under the main entance,only gripe was that we had to leave the nxt day,great staff,be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask that your not in the basement as a bit noisy due to being under the main entrance
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear FoxyKaz5,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. All our rooms come with complimentary mini bars with snacks and soft drinks, complimentary WiFi, spa inspired luxury toiletries and rainfall showers. All our rooms have secondary glazing which really helps in making our front facing rooms overlooking York Place very quiet. Our basement rooms have a very cosy feel to them and it certainly helps when you are away for a relaxing weekend trip.

I will certainly pass on your great comments to our team and hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay inspiring,

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Just returned from a great stay.

Really really nice brand new hotel. Fantastic rooms, my fiancé loved the bathroom. Food was ten on ten.

Negative points- if I had to pick something: Would have liked my car to get parked for me, staff didn't introduce themselves by name as much as I would have liked, a lightbulb out in the bedroom

I wish them all the best.

Dear gt128973,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your meal at the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant. All our rooms have walk in showers with spa inspired rainfall shower heads and luxury toiletries which certainly makes for a good start to your day.

I very much appreciate your feedback regarding car parking. We are very lucky to have 5 spaces available to rent to our guests at £12 per day as a city center hotel. At the moment our concierge haven't been trained to park our guests cars but this is certainly something I will look into further.

As for your comment about our team introducing themselves I will certainly pass this on to our team.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future and thank you very much for your kind wishes.

Stay curious,

Selkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Have stayed in many Hotels in Edinburgh but this has top marks. The Staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is excellent but the most amazing thing about this hotel is the food which is wonderful. The chef certainly knows what he is doing and the dishes were imaginative and very tasty.Its very unusual to find a menu of this quality in a Hotel and the Restaurants in the area had better look out, as once this Chef has become better known, I'm sure it will be hard to get a table there in the future.
Keep up the good work, we will certainly be back.

2 Thank margaret r
Dear Margaret,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our head chef Dan Mellor and his team are very passionate about their menus and about the produce they use. We source as much as we can from local suppliers to ensure that the quality is as good as it can be. This clearly shows in the taste of all our dishes. Since you have stayed we have changed our menus to suit the season. My favourite is the Assiette of Summer Cocktails which includes Tequila Sunrise jelly, Pina Colada mousse & Pimms and lemonade sorbet. A treat for your eyes and your stomach.

I will certainly pass you comments on to our team and hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel and the Turquoise Thistle Restaurant in the near future.

Stay original,

UK
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Arrived on a rainy evening and was enveloped by the warmth of welcome from the Receptionist and Albert, the Concierge.

I was only there for the one night and the room more than met my needs. A very comfortable bed, a spacious bathroom with super thick towels; and a small lounge area. And a complimentary mini bar of soft drinks and nibbles; and a coffee maker. And free wifi.

The breakfast was delicious. Fresh orange juice when first seated at the table, then fresh filtered coffee; and the best freshly cooked breakfast.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Competency
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Competency,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Albert one of our very knowledgeable concierge is certainly one of the stars we have in our team.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your freshly cooked breakfast. Our head chef is very passionate about sourcing the best local produce and we us sausages and bacon from an award winning butcher only about 30 miles from our hotel. Our pastries are even more local as we produce them ourselves every day to ensure our guests have the best possible start to their day.

I will certainly pass on your comments to our team and we would be delighted to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel in the near future.

Stay curious,

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We live in Edinburgh, and stayed here as winners of a competition through my work - and i have to say, it was one of the nicest hotels I've had the pleasure of staying in! We checked in late afternoon, and were pleasantly surprised to be given an upgrade to one of the suites. A quirky room, with huge bed, huge shower-room and small lounge area just off. LOVED the decor and colour schemes used (Edinburgh New Town maps for wallpaper!) The beds were extremely comfortable (if very high!) and I really liked the monsoon-shower, and posh Aveda products in the bathroom. Free mini-bar with soft drinks & snacks was also appreciated! Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked to order and delicious. Really cannot fault anything, service was efficient and all the staff we encountered seemed enthusiastic and proud to be working there. Will definitely recommend, and hope to stay at some of the other Indigo properties elsewhere soon!

2 Thank NORTHERN5TAR
Dear Northernstar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. If there is executive rooms or suites available we will always upgrade our guests but even in our standard rooms you will find all the amenities that you have had in one of our junior suites. All our rooms are equipped with complimentary mini bars complete with soft drinks, snacks and fresh milk for your morning cuppa, super soft bathrobes, luxury toiletries to just name a few.

The wallpaper in your room was in fact custom made and is a picture of the original plans of Edinburgh's New Town as they were drawn by James Craig. In every room you will find a little bit of our neighbourhood for you to discover.

I am glad you have enjoyed your freshly cooked breakfast. Our head chef is very proud to be serving only the best to our guest. I am also delighted to hear that the pride of our team shows in the way they treat our guests and they will certainly be thrilled to hear your feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Edinburgh or maybe the Turquoise Thistle restaurant for dinner in the near future and please do explore our other hotels throughout the UK and Europe.

Stay inspiring,

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

rooms were absolutly beautifull,staff were very friendly and accomodating. we had a meal in the restaurant and the food was delicious!i could not fault my stay one bit and will defo book to stay and eat at indigo edinburgh again!!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank meg1712
Dear Meg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed all the aspects of your stay. All our team members pride themselves in delivering personable and individual service and everybody will do whatever they can to make our guests stay not only comfortable but also unforgettable.

Our head chef Dan is very passionate about sourcing only the best and freshest produce for our Turquoise Thistle Restaurant & Bar. We have just changed our a la carte menu to keep in tune with the seasons and there is certainly some excellent dishes on there that are worth trying. Our rump of Scottish borders lamb is my favourite!

I will certainly pass your comments on to our team and we can't wait to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Edinburgh again.

Stay Curious,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Lovely hotel great location. Near to theatre harvey nicks waverly station 5 mins. Albert very helpful all staff lovely. Defo stay again. Julia durham

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jrhorne
Dear Julia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel and our team's hospitality. We are ideally located to discover Edinburgh and go sightseeing, the castle and all other major attractions are only a short walk, shopping on Multrees walk, George Street or Princess Street or to go and see a show at the Playhouse theatre which is just around the corner.

I will certainly pass on you comments to our team and especially Albert.

It would be fantastic to welcome you back to our hotel and as always you will find the best deals on our own website.

Stay Original,