“Excellent B&B in good Edinburgh location”
Review of Teviotdale House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Teviotdale House
Ranked #253 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Dalbeattie, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B in good Edinburgh location”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is a lovely Victorian townhouse in a great location in Edinburgh, just south of the centre. Its very close to one of the main bus routes into the city centre, or you can easily walk to the Royal Mile, for instance. As it is in a quiet residential street, there is no traffic noise and parking was easy too.
We stayed with our 2 (early teens) children who are old enough to have their own room but we were more comfortable with them in a room close to ours. Marta and Alan couldn't have been more helpful and they gave us 2 rooms next to each other. Both very spacious & attractively decorated, with very comfy beds - we had an en-suite with shower and the children had a shower-room in the hall but it was for their private use.

With home-made shortbread every day and really excellent breakfasts (my daughter and I especially loved the muesli with fruit & yoghurt!) with loads of choice, all beautifully cooked and presented, we would definitely recommend Teviotdale and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a great place to stay. About 1.5 miles from the Royal mile, with several bus stops, within walking distance. Alan and Marta couldn't have been more gracious, and the room was perfect. Breakfast was great. Marta gave us numerous suggestions for activities and all were right on target. Next time we are in Edinburgh, we will know where to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2011

This is a lovely guesthouse. My room was huge, with a nice en-suite bathroom (with shower). Everything was very clean and comfortable, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. The breakfast was very generous and beautifully cooked. The hostess, Marta, was lovely: very friendly in a quiet and non-intrusive way. I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone - without any reservations.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Valencia
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed at Teviotdale House for 2 nights in August 2010. After finding it so hard to find accommodation during this time due to the Festivals in Edinburgh ;it just happened I found availability at Teviotdale. I am so pleased we ended there. Clean, nice service, quiet location and at the same time not too far from the center. Just Perfect! I would recommend it straight away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Berks
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Being a regular business traveler I tend to stay at 4* hotels on a regular basis. When booking this particular trip my usual hotels were fully booked or charging exorbitant prices, with few options places with availabilty left due to the Golf. So I opted for the Teviotdale House as the reviews on tripadvisor were the best of the remaining guest houses and the price was very modest.

Being used to hotels I didnt have high expectations of staying at a guest house, but I was pleasently surprised by Teviotdale House. When I was taken to the room, it was clean. presentable and homely with some nice extra touches. Bathrobe, fresh shortbread treats etc. The young spanish lady that runs the house made me feel very welcome and very much at ease. I'm a very light sleeper, but despite my room being on the ground floor near the front entrance it was very nice and quiet. through out the night.

The breakfast was absolutely lovely. You can have 3 courses! but with an impending holiday I opted for 1 course and had the full breakfast - freshly cooked - good quality bacon and sausages - in fact much much better than most 4* hotels I regularly stay at, chraging 3 times the price of one night.

In summary, clean, confortable, nothing flash just comfortable, relaxing with a great breakfast - would definately recommend and will be coming back next time I visit Edinburgh.

Geraldine

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank GezBerks
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Well, I`ve found Teviotdale House via Internet and good Tripadvisor recomendations.
I`ve done the reservation in February for September holiday.
(this signify something, right?)We have spend there 10 days.
I had to return to Edinburgh...and I founded the right place to stay.
This will deffinitely be my base for future Scotland and Edinburgh exploring.
Place is in the residental and quiet area (for good night sleep), connected with bus lines 42 and 24 with Princess Street (and after that with everything else). Also, in short walk distance is Holyrood Park and Arthur`s Peak.
Rooms are spacious with a big bed. Our room was with garden view.
Breakfast is home cooked and is really something. You can choose among lot of varietes (but choose - porridge and FOR THE BIG APETITE, my favourite)
About the hospitality and manners of Eliza and Willie there are no enough words to describe it.
They were always on service to give us advices about good dinner place, pubs, what to do and to visit, tradition, history and golf!

As I wrote above, this is definitelly my base for future stays

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kide
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is not a 4 star hotel, but we traveled with 2 adults, 2 seniors, and 1 11 yr old child. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, en-suite. Pricey. The 3 bed room is amazing. Had to park 5 blocks away. 4 block walk to buses. Bathroom was small compared to all other places we stayed in UK.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family