“Best scones in Edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Porto & Fi on The Mound - CLOSED

Porto & Fi on The Mound
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
“Best scones in Edinburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant for any time of day. Serves wonderful breakfast, cakes, lunch & dinner so you will never be stuck for something to eat. Food is homely and very tasty. Price is very reasonable. The scones are the best i've had in Edinburgh, with various choices daily. One of my favourite restaurants in Edinburgh.

Visited May 2013

• Greek first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing cullen skink risotto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had lunch here with my husband and my parents. What a great find mixed in with all of the touristy restaurants in the same area! Everyone enjoyed their food and the waitress was nice and helpful. I had the cullen skink risotto....it was amazing! Everyone else at the table tried it and loved it, too. One of the best dishes I ate on our Scotland vacation. I only wish that I had room left for dessert.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food worth waiting for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food is cooked to order and well worth the wait. The staff friendly and when asked about a slight change from the printed menu, checked with the kitchen and this was done. Was in this place last year and did enjoy my return visit.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Shambolic Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We waited over an hour for our food and in the end never received it. The staff really didn't care and when we eventually decided to leave (because of their attitude rather than the wait) they behaved as though it was pretty normal in there and said nothing, like it happens often.

It looks smart on the outside and so we went in there on the way to the station looking forward to a nice breakfast. The cafe was half full and after we said we had a train to catch the waitress 'warned' us that everybody had just ordered and so we would wait for about 25 minutes. That was plenty of time so were fine with this.

We waited patiently and after 40 minutes we started to enquire whether the food was on it's way. One waitress said she'd check and never came back and the other kept saying "it's on its
way". After a further 20 minutes (one hour in total) I asked again and was fobbed-off dismissively for the 4th or 5th time with "it's on it's way". There was no apology, explanation or offer to rectify or check on the situation. When I asked to speak to the manager she informed me she was the manager. After I asked who was in charge of knowing what was happening with my food order, she said the chef! The enquiry was met with total indifference and disregard and so we decided to walk, which I've never done before but it was that bad. They didn't question us leaving, try to stop us or offer an apology. Nothing.

Fortunately, we still had enough time before our train to pop in a really nice sandwich shop 20 seconds up the hill, round the corner and then go to Marks and Spencer in the station, which we're glad we did, so we could eat on the journey.

The owners clearly don't care about their customers or training their staff and rely on the fact that it's in a busy tourist area - shame.

3 Thank Gregfru
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Enjoyed dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a nice dinner in the garden outside on a busy night. Was dining with children and the waiter was very pleasant and accommodating. Would go back again.

1 Thank David W