“Awful pizza!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Castle / Royal Mile / High St
Description: Contemporary Scottish menu including a range of 100% Scottish Beef Burgers, fresh stone baked pizza from our oven and local classics such as Haggis, neeps ans tatties and Belhaven smoked salmon. Enjoy Runway views in a warm, relaxing space.
England
“Awful pizza!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Despite the reviews I thought I'd give it a go. I ordered the safe bet if a pizza, freshly baked apparently. Oh my word, it was the greasiest heavy on cheese pizza ever. I had to send it back for the sake of not gagging after a few mouthfuls. That was after they asked if I wanted chips with it!

4 Thank wantingonlythebest

Croydon UK
“Really not as bad as all that!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went into this airport restaurant before noticing that it was rated #1051 out of #1053 in Edinburgh!
Had some lunch with the family, and although we've eaten better, the waiter was quite attentive, and very apologetic that he had to alter my order. There were about twenty other visitors, so the word must be going around that things are getting better....and the view of the runway is certainly a hit with children!

• Visited November 2012
Perth, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went here for breakfast,never again.Waitress was extremely rude received our coffee and then waited for fifteen minutes for breakfast to arrive,by which time coffee was cold. Politely asked if we could have more to be told " for future reference we should have said we wanted our coffee with our breakfast". How were we supposed to know, she should have asked. A very disappointing and expensive experience. Avoid at all costs,go next door to Wetherspoons. Wilson Family Perth

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank David W
Torpoint, United Kingdom
“The worst eating experience!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had three hours to wait for a connecting flight to Orkney and decided to eat at this smart looking place - do not be deceived - it is terrible and all down to poor management. Staff tended to treat you like an alien - I settled on fish and chips ...'fresh from the sea ...' - well, it may have been one day but the poor fish had spent much longer in poor freezer storage... awful! No quality check - not even when (eventually) presenting the check! Next time it will be a coffee shop or McDonalds!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank David W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly staff”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My experiences mirror those of the other reviewers.
The staff seem to have no incentive to serve or at least be civil with the customers.
My coffee was mediocre and when I asked for more hot milk I was told that nothing more would fit into my cup (despite in only being 3/4 full). Surely I can make my own decision on whether or not I would like more milk in my coffee, especially at their prices, an extra 25ml of milk should not be treated as such an extravagance.
What drove the final nail into the coffin for me was the look of utter disdain I got from both members of staff, starting with my initial approach at the beginning of my visit right up until leaving The Gathering.
If you can avoid going there, do.

• Visited September 2012