“small but perfectly farmed”

Gorgie City Farm & Cafe
Ranked #107 of 426 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A FREE entry urban farm, cafe, and events space supporting youth and adults with support needs while educating the public about farming and food production. Check out our website for information or get in touch!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My boys loved this place as did I . It was fantastic that you could buy eggs laid there by happy hens in fact the boys were allowed to see them being collected. Its not a zoo so I didn't expect loads of animals exotic or otherwise and flashy surroundings there were also at least 2 animal babies and a well thought out veg and herb garden, with plants for sale as well As we all love guinea pigs we enjoyed the small animal/pets corner area and the boys were enchanted by the guinea pig and rabbits that were boarding and took it in turns to have some time on the grass. the staff were very approachable and all this for no pence whatsoever, although of course we made a donation to help them with their work . The cafe was fine as well , we had lunch there. Finally it was lovely to see a party of edinburgh toddlers seeing animals that they would probably not have the opportunity to come across

2  Thank kidsplusmum

Reviewed August 6, 2012

There was not that many animals and I felt that it would have been better if there was signs showing you were to go and it was hard to find any staff. Also the staff were not that friendly. The only good thing was the indoor enclosures were the smaller animals were.

3  Thank Simone H
Reviewed July 30, 2012

No what i thought it would be, quiet dissapointed, not a brilliant selection of animals, staff not very helpful

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ours are mostly growed-up now - they always liked it when they were little

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have really enjoyed Gorgie City Farm every time I have been, every body there is really friendly, the animals are well treated and we get to buy freshly laid eggs. What I felt really added to it is all the different people working there and that they welcome volunteers with learning difficulties which I feel is a very nice and important addition to Edinburgh.

2  Thank clemmietime