“our ghosts at number 4 Bellevue Crescent”
Review of Bellevue Gallery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bellevue Gallery
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From the age of 10 I lived at number 4 BC,bought in 1970 our dad took just over a year to renovate the town house,central heating ,re-wiring etc.Within that year a few trades men ran out refuesing to return even for thiere tools,what frightened them who knows.
Many stories have come about,like the window cleaner who asked about the grumpy lady who lived in the garden flat,she frowned at him as she closed the gate,as he cleaned the first floor external windows,did not have the heart to tell him no one lived down bellow.
One day we had to call the police as a man proclaiming to be the previous owners son came to find the buried "medical tools"his father the late Dr. Rosa had buried in the garden, under the spiral stair case,this story was confirmed after paying Mrs Rosa a visit no tools to this day have been found.
Many a guest have been witness to seeing the "maid"in the garden flat mainly around the wine cellar.
I visited number 4 with my wife and children many years later, when it opened as an art gallary,the same eary feeling is still about the house from hearing the servant bells that no longer exist to, feeling the chills ,a place to visit I must admit a place to live I cannot forget.

7  Thank Markali