TripAdvisor
Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Ways to Experience Auld Reekie Tours
from $15.85
1,450 results
All reviews terror tour stone circle our tour guide underground vaults torture devices tron church vault tour ghost stories south bridge spooky atmosphere great tour knew his stuff royal mile story telling small group graveyard wiccan
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great tour, great ghost, ..... sorry, I mean host, great host.
Very interesting I was unaware Edinburgh was so haunted. loved it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved every minute of it. Ewan was our tour guide. Hes amazing. Cant praise him enough for his knowledge, the experience he provided, the fun we had throughout the tour, his presence and control over the group... outstanding! Truely professional and passionate. Highly recommend the tour to everyone

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our guide Darren had some really good stories to tell in addition to interesting information on the many different purposes of the vaults over the centuries. It is obviously dark in the vaults but it still gives you a good idea of how people used to live there.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We met at the bank of Scotland (a big group) - our tour guide was a lady who led us on a six minute walk, she stopped at one point where there was a silent disco - to complain about it and then we carried on to the auld reekie tour destination. We showed our tickets and then headed up some steps into a room with shackles etc. Quite a few people needed the loo - our tour guide waited in the entrance. Once we were all in the room with the shackles she informed us that because most of us had needed the loo she didn’t have time for the intro in the shackle room because she had another tour after us (but we weren’t to feel rushed) even though we were rushed. Tbh this was fine for me but I didn’t understand why she had stood in the entrance looking annoyed rather than crack on with the intro for the majority that were waiting in there. I don’t think the toilet goers would have minded.

On into the vaults we went. Which was literally a door way in. Our tour talked us through the history and we then went into three different vaults. It’s was interesting in some parts but her persistent (honestly this is true) just made me feel it wasn’t true (that said I didn’t step into the rock circle just in case a demon attacked me).

To cut it sort, we paid £12 each for 5 of us and 3 were children. £60 was extortionate for what we got. I think the tour guide needs to hone her skills - maybe just deliver the stories without the insisitance we believe them, and maybe not look so annoyed that you’re doing a tour in the first place.

My three children enjoyed the experience but they’re none the wiser to the cost.

I really wish I’d have known about the authentic king Mary cross tour. That’s the one I had heard about but didn’t find - so ended up with this sub par experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my two teenage daughters went to the underground vault tour yesterday. Ewan, our tour guide made the experience even more fun and informative. Lots of real shocking stories. Strongly recommend the experience.