“Great experience!!!”
Review of Auld Reekie Tours

Auld Reekie Tours
Ranked #98 of 260 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Auld Reekie Tours are a 4 star visitor attraction located in the centre of Edinburgh's old town, and are open all all year round.We offer a range of both historical and ghost tours both above and below ground, with an option of multi-lingual guides when requested, children tours and a tour and dine partnership with one of Scotland's most haunted pub, the Banshee Labyrinth. Our sister company - Paranormal Investigations Scotoland offers overnight ghost hunts in our most hanted location - Niddry Wynd Vaults.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I took the terror tour last night with our guide Darren who was just fantastic! I wasn't expecting much from it but came away extremely scared and well informed. Definitely something disturbing in those vaults especially the last 2, one of which I couldn't enter from fear. I would highly recommend to everyone visiting Edinburgh.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"sceptic"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had been told to do the tour of the vaults by everybody we had mentioned going to Edinburgh, I was in two minds as I suffer with panic attacks but im so glad we did the tour it didnt dissapoint very dark and mysterious!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The girl who signed us up (Lucy) was extremely nice and helpful (answered all of our very dumb questions) and our guide, Ewan, was a riot!!! We were skeptical about the tour at first because we had already gone on a haunted tour of Edinburgh with another company that was a joke. Long story short: this one blew our socks off and we still get chills talking about it! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour. Consider not bringing young children. Like I said before we were very skeptical going in but were authentically spooked when the tour was over. Don't worry, this isn't one of those tours where they have someone waiting in a corner to jump out at you to scare you...they simply don't need to because it's already so creepy!

Thanks for the great time and creepy memories!

R & E - Texas

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The auld reekie tours in Edinburgh are fantastic and a must do for anybody. Me and my friend went today and had a great time. We were greeted by a very friendly and funny Ewan who was our guide and a treat throughout the tour, he was very informative and certainly set the scene for our tour. The vaults are certainly a haunting place to visit and both me and my friend were convinced our tour was not alone when we were down there. We experienced footsteps, voices and shadowed figures we left two very happy and scared glasgow girls. Believe what you while but it is a must do when in Edinburgh. We have done other tours with other companys in Edinburgh and they didn't impress us as much as this one did. We will defiantly be doing an auld reekie tour again very soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2013

As a family we did the "Original Tour" and while we all enjoyed it and were impressed by our guide I would have liked more. There was very little to see except several empty rooms lit by torch only and everything was left to our imagination. Our guide did an excellent job at creating scenes but all still in imagination - I had expected and hoped to see some rooms done up as a recreation of what the living conditions would have been like when the area was inhabited, but all were empty. As long as you don't expect that you will still enjoy it.