No. 11 Brunswick Street
$159
$150
  • Room Service
1,209 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitemini suitedouble showerfour poster bedtop floorboutique hotelunderfloor heatingcranachanquiet streetfree standing bathplayhouse theatreno liftlovely boutiquebasement roomroll top bathsmall hotelleith walk
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last week while on a business trip to Edinburgh. The hotel is just a short walk away from many restaurants and bars, yet is in a quiet, genteel, residential neighbourhood.

I liked it so much that I have booked myself in again for the next four weeks as I have to be in the city on business until the end of November! If you have to be away from home, it's so nice to find a place that's warm, welcoming and friendly.

My room was warm and cosy, and I loved the fact that I could make myself a nice warming cup of hot chocolate in the evening from the tea, coffee and chocolate provided. The ensuite bathroom was clean and inviting, and the free wi-fi worked brilliantly.

I also like the fact that a DVD player is available in each room as I like to take my workout DVDs with me when I'm away for more than one night!

Oh...and the breakfasts are phenomenal too - really set you up for the day!

Make a reservation yourself, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my colleagues (in total there were 14 of us). I am happy to say that we were really satisfied with everything. The hotel has 11 rooms and it sleeps 24 people (as far as I remember). There is also a lounge bar you can go to if you want to have a drink before going out or after coming back from an all-day-trip out. The rooms are absolutely ok. Some of them have been recently refurbished. I would definitely recommend one of the family rooms or double rooms on the first floor. They are spacious and modern but at the same time they kept their original styles (ceilings, windows etc).
As to the breakfast, it is served in the basement of the building but we did not see that as a problem. They do not make the usual "buffet-style-breakfast" but have gone for pre-orders. In other words: in the evening you tick the things you´d like to eat the next morning. There are three cards you can choose from: Scottish breakfast, Continental breakfast and Vegetarian breakfast. You should really try their cooked breakfast... it is fantastic! In any case, there is a wide variety of food to choose from.
There is an alarm clock, a flat-screen TV and comfortable beds in the rooms. You can also make your own tea or coffee (including a little biscuit to go with it). The rooms we stayed in were en-suite (however, I think that all 11 rooms are en-suite). There is no lift in the hotel but it is not a majro issue to most people (since the hotel has two floors only).
And now the issue I totally loved about the hotel: well, it is the people who run it (Ursula and John). I stayed at many hotels but in most of them I was only one of the hundreds of guests staying there. John and Ursula make you feel home... they are not pushy but are there for you for a little chat if you are interested. To me, this was the top issue of the hotel.
I have my fingers crossed for Ursula and John. I wish there were more businesses of this kind and hope that hotels of this kind will never be entirely replaced by thos "high-class" global hotel chains. Good luck guys!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We arrived at the Clan Campbell at approx 11.45 am after telling them we wouldn't arrive till 7pm. This was not a problem to them at all !! I have to walk using a roll along walking frame, on seeing this, we were asked if we would prefer a ground floor room. I thought this was a very nice gesture to start off our stay.
From that moment on all we can do is praise the hotel and the very caring staff. Our room was to the back of the hotel, it was very quiet and we had 3 great nights sleep while we were there.
The rooms are very nice, clean and equipped with everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfasts are amazing, just look at some of the pictures and believe me, what you see is what you get. Nothing was too much trouble, and IF you needed any more to eat, you only had to ask. Although you would need an enormous appetite to Need anything else.
You are only minutes walk from Princes street, even if you struggle to walk far as I do. There are plenty of shops nearby, you can also get plenty of food nearby at any time day or night. The bus stop is only yards away from the hotel so getting from here to there is easy.
I would definately recommend the Clan Campbell and we intend to stay there again on our next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We were there with a group of three teenagers and and one adult. We had the quadrupple room, and it was beautiful with its super high sealing and nice furnishing. Breakfast was great, and we had a breakfast for the last day when we had to leave early. My only complaint is, that the walls were bit to thin, but it was really not a problem because the hotel is so small. The location is rather good, a bit off walking but getting to all the major sight is doable. Hotel is very near of Carlton hill, we walked there when the sun was setting and it was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Lovely hotel, with friendly staff, excellent location near shops, restaurants and just down from Princes Street. We had an enormous room with very comfy beds. The breakfasts are huge and good quality - I had two poached eggs perfectly cooked, which is something most hotels can't manage! Very welcoming for children.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family