“Very charming little place to be!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No. 11 Brunswick Street

No. 11 Brunswick Street
Ranked #37 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Cologne
“Very charming little place to be!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

What can I say? I stayed there for nearly one week and I was sad to leave. Everything is typical scottish! (It was my first time in Scotland - but I think it is)

Breakfast was wonderful and you can have as much as you want and you can make your choice on the day before. It's up to you fruity and healthy or tasty with sausages and bacon.

My room was on the 2nd floor and it was large enough and very homely.

The location is absolutely perfect. You can get on Princess Street / downtown in some minutes and so is it possible to take a break into your own room and start through again.

My final rating is that I will defenitely come back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
carlisle cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

we have just spend a very relaxing two nights in this hotel we couldnt ask for more .friendly welcoming staff .central for all the sights and a lovely building .our only regret is we couldnt stay longer .we can recommend the breakfast and the haggis is a must .thank you we will hoprfully return in the near future .

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Flint
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

Took my husband to Edinburgh for a birthday treat.
Found a little gem called The Clan Campbell hotel.
excellent service and very friendly staff.
Ghost walk was brilliant,Liz was an excellent story teller.
What made the raio alarm go on in the empty room next door to ours when we got back from the walk?very spooky.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Cologne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

I stayed at the Clan Campbell Hotel for 2 nights in a double room. This was not my first time in Edinburgh, but my first time in the Clan Campbell Hotel.
I really enjoyed my stay there. After a friendly welcome the owner showed me my room. It was a lovely double room with new furniture (dark wood, lovely) and white walls with
nice pictures. I was impressed from the first moment. It looked really clean and with the lovely personal touch, so that you know the owner cares about his guests.

Unfortunately I forgot my hair dryer, but there was one in the room, also an iron board, so I missed nothing at all.

Breakfast was fantastic, you were able to choose between continental and cooked breakfast. The continental breakfast included fresh fruit, which was really nice and
you don't find it in every hotel. The cooked breakfast was rich with eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and you also can have Haggis for a trial, but I didn't ;)

The room was very quiet and I had enough time for a rest to recover from my big trips during the day.

I really liked the ambience there, I don't prefer the big 100 - 200 room hotel where everyone is just a Mrs Room No 156. This Hotel is family driven and the staff is very
nice and friendly and is always there to help.

I highly recommend this hotel for a stay to explore the City of Edinburgh. It is just 10 - 15 minutes walk from the city centre, you are also able to take a bus to the beach which
is really nice.

Thanks to John, the owner, for a fantastic stay in Edinburgh. I definitely come back and bring the rest of my family!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

A substanttial stone building, with tall rooms and huge stairwell. Pleasantly decorated, but not in its first youth. Our room was small but adequate. It had a bath as well as shower. There is a large a compfortable sitting room and bar.

Just what we needed for a night, but not a destination in its own right.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
industria, Owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this review, December 21, 2009
Thank you for yor review. We are glad that enjoyed your stay and that our hotel provided good value.
Being a small hotel in the city center we do not have a gym or a spa that would make us a destination in its own right.
However having undergone a major refurbishment in 2009 we feel that we offer exceptional accommodation and good value in the center of Edinburgh.We have also added and improved on our breakfast menu-offering a fantastic hearty cooked breakfast that you will not get in a lot of places nowadays.
We are continually making improvements and listening to what our guests require in order to make our hotel that little bit more remarkable
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

The hotel is in a very old house. The room was large and the beds comfortable. No air conditioning but it doesn't get that hot, for personal preference a fan in the room would be nice (to be fair, I did not ask if any were available). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. We took advantage of the lounge area where our son played some on the piano and we enjoyed a beer while talking with the owner. Very near the bus stop and a short walk to Waverly Train Station, where we caught the train to St Andrews for some golf. Our only regret is that we did not stay long enough in Edinburgh to see all that we wanted to see....I guess we'll have to go back :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed here with my partner just for a night's break. My partner paid for the accomodation and when he told me it cost him £140 I thought to myself well it must be pretty luxurious even although it's Edinburgh and I am aware it is expensive, especially at this time of year with the Fringe being on.
I was really shocked on arrival to this quite doom looking hallway. We were then shown into the bar area to pay for the accomodation. Again I felt this dark and quite unpleasant! I thought maybe the room would be different but unfortunately was presented with this very dated room in need of a good clean and decoration. The bathroom was awful!!!! I am aware it is an old georgian house but you can still have it looking clean and classy in keeping with the georgian tradition.
The hospitatly of the staff was very friendly and invitiing and I couldnt complain about them or the breakfast, his was lovetly. Just really disappointed about the price we paid for this hotel and the standards of the rooms. I have stayed in a lot of hotels both budget and expensive and I have to say that even some budget hotel standards of rooms were better. I did read the reviews of ths hotel and was so excited about going but was very let down...........Sorry!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ScotlandSweetie
industria, Owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
I amsorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.
We strive to maintain high levels of housekeeping and from your review it would seem that you were not happy with the housekeeping and the room. I have brought this to the attention of housekeeping so that there is no repeat.
We are continually updating the hotel- no sooner have we finished the last room-then it's back to the first one again. But we cannot do everything overnight.
Our central hall and lounge with 14 feet ceilings are well lit with both natural and artificial light.
As we only had a large family room left for the Saturday night in the middle of August-that is the price we charge.