“Before the floods”

No. 11 Brunswick Street
Ranked #29 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Although we struggled to get home on the train it did not detract from a wonderful few days in this extremely facinating city. The hotel was very warm and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful.
Scottish breakfast and porage an excellent start to the day.

Room Tip: people with walking difficulties should choose a room on the first floor as stairs are long with no...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

we were there on August, and it was a fantastic stay. A warm hotel with a lot of fashion. If you'll like have a delightful and charming hotel in Edimburgh you could choose n.11!!! A silent place in a Residential Edimburgh district, nearby the City center.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pier massimo C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent our first wedding annivesary in this amazing hotel and our room was outstanding! We didn't want to leave! The staff were lovely and the service was the best we've ever had. I would recommend this hotel for anyone lookiing for a romantic stay in the city centre and a fantastic Scottish breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

we booked this Hotel by luck , and feel like we won the lottery . Recently refurbished 10 rooms only , 10 minute walk to city center , parking easy , fantastic friendly staff and a HEARTY Scottish Breakfast set us up for the day . forget the big hotels , this is a hidden gem ( i nearly didnt want to share ) .

Room Tip: if you struggle with stairs , ask for a room on 1st floor - no lift !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fatman65
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent 3 nights at N°11 in August and were very happy with this place. It is very easy to go to the centre, though it is in a quiet street. The staff was quite nice and welcoming and the breakfast was unforgettable. Our kids loved it ! Rooms were large and comfortable, It has been recently decorated and everything is new and works well. We really recommend the place ! Laurence and Stéphane Janin (France)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending one night here - I wish it could have been longer. In fact, I loved the room so much I was wondering how soon I could sneak off from my evening engagement to get back and enjoy the novelty of such a beautiful room all to myself!
This boutique hotel is set just off London Road. It took me 20 minutes at a leisurely pace, trailing my wheelie case, to walk from Waverley Station. However, if you are driving, it looked like there were plenty of car parking spaces to be had on the street, virtually at the door. Coming in the front door, I was greeted by a very friendly member of staff who took me up to my room and explained where everything was. My room was on the top (3rd) floor (there is no lift) and in keeping with the theme of understated elegance that runs throughout the hotel, it was beautifully furnished in a subtle, muted palette. A lovely big bed was very comfortable with gorgeous crisp white bed linen and thoughtful little touches like an ipod player, a fluffy white bathrobe and a good hairdryer made this just that extra bit special. A big bonus for a country dweller like myself, Brunswick Street is quiet and this meant a good night's sleep with no traffic noise.
The dining room was home to an interesting exhibition of contemporary art which makes a welcome change from what is usually to be found on hotel walls. For breakfast I had a creamy bowl of porridge with fresh berries and honey, followed by very good bacon, eggs and mushrooms. My only grumble about the breakfast was that the bread was bog standard brown sliced and the jam could have been a lot better. I am also a coffee monster in the morning and while the cafetiere was adequate, there was an espresso machine in the dining room and it would have made me very happy to have been offered a cappuccino as standard on the breakfast menu.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would love to come back. No 11 is the perfect antidote to bland corporate hotels and is now top of my list of where to stay in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the no. 11 have literally saved our trip! After being frauded by a nearby "lodge" we came here hoping for a last minute room! They gladly and happiy accomodated us and made sure we had drinks to relax! We went out for dinner and when we got back at 11pm the reception lady was so welcoming and again offered us drinks and snacks and anything we needed to be comfortable.
Rooms are gorgeous, place is spotless, and the morning breakfast was filling and delicious! I will recommend to anyone travelling Scotland!

• Stayed: August 2012
Hamish G, Owner at No. 11 Brunswick Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you so much and hope to see you again!