“an available table on Mothers Day”
Review of Hongfu Noodle Bar

Hongfu Noodle Bar
Ranked #1,835 of 2,528 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: http://www.list.co.uk/place/104042-hong-fu-noodle/
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“an available table on Mothers Day”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Everywhere else I tried was full but then it was Mothers Day and I was wandering and trying places on spec........ the noodle bar provided me with lots of food on the set menu. It was ok but not great. I wish I had been a bit more adventurous in my choices and gone with the a la carte menu.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank GHCM2

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfortable, enjoyable and very close to Waverley Train Station.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I call back every time I visit Edinburgh. Good food with very, good and friendly staff. Always made to feel welcome.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nigel A
London, United Kingdom
“sounds good”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been to this restaurant last week with my husband, the decoration is similar as my hometown in Japan. Two girls working there, guided and advised me to take order 3 course. especially the fish in hot and spicy oil, that was very good i never had it before. Thank you so much!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank kuzson T
Nezignan l'Eveque, France
“revolting: a scam”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Food came quickly enough, Unidentifiable mush presented as noodles. Whole joint looking like a very tired student flat albeit with nice window view.Revolting food and outrageously overpriced. Only fit for animals.

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Trades description act would have a ball! ”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Our 5 day trip was so well planned in terms of food and timings but we dropped the ball a little with this place. After a few drinks out we got very peckish around 11pm and was too late to get a table anywhere so decided on this dive as it was so close to our hotel a few doors up. After creeping up the dirty staircase we saw some people ordering food and the two girls working there said we could order take out only, which was fine!
The menu is very overpriced, not necessarily for good Chinese food but for whatever these guys decide to serve you it is. We ordered crispy shredded beef in a chilli sauce and egg fried rice (nearly £9!)While we were waiting for our grub a chinese bloke wandered in, half asleep and after a brief chat in their native language seemed to make his way into the kitchen... it was almost as if they were closed but rang this chap up to come and rustle up some food while they had a rush on and a chance to make some money off some drunk people (we were not drunk though). Our food came quickly enough and smelt nice on the brief walk to our hotel room. When we opened it up though it was not crispy, it hopefully was beef, it most certainly was not in any kind of sauce and the rice was regular boiled rice with some oil and 3 or 4 peas thrown in. Despite it not being anything like what we ordered or expected and being a little greasy it was actually incredibly tasty and really hit that dirty late night snack spot you crave after a couple of beers... I'm sorry to say that despite the whole farcical experience, unprofessional atmosphere, grotty worn down looking place it was actually a nice meal. Maybe I was a bit drunk?!? I won't go back here again and I would recommend nobody else does either...