“Milk's got it!”

Ranked #402 of 2,595 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Description: At Milk we believe that everyone should have the right to eat delicious, nutritious fast food at affordable, every day prices.All our sandwiches, hot food, salads and home baking are served up straight away to sit in, or to take away in 100% compostable packaging.Our seasonally changing menu is freshly prepared here at Milk using only natural ingredients, plenty of fresh herbs and more than a bit of love and passion for what we do.We aim to serve food that is quick, nutritious, tasty and environmentally sound.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have been to Milk twice now in the last 12 months but have never taken the time out to place a review! I am due back in Edinburgh tomorrow and Milk came to mind as it’s a fantastic place, very atmospheric and quaint so I wanted to encourage others to go.

Milk Breakfast - Lovely eggs, gorgeous bread, tomatoes mushrooms and a cappuccino. As others have mentioned the coffee is great too.

Milk Lunch - Pulled Pork roll with Coleslaw. Good portion size but would’ve been nice to have a side of chips/crisps to go with it but I have a very large appetite!

The place is smaller than it looks on the website so make sure you get there early to grab a seat!

Would huighly recommend.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I had breakfast/lunch here on New Years day and for £10 each we got a big plate of food (chorizo and egg wrap with salad and rice - although I had mine without the wrap), coffee, orange juice and we enjoyed it all and thought it was good value. Coffee was also nice which is a bonus! The lady who served us was very nice and friendly.
They also had a small selection of cakes which I would have liked to have tried but was too full - would recommend (it is small though so getting a table when busy could be hard).

Reviewed December 30, 2013

'Full English' breakfast and strong Americanos for two £17.25

Very fresh and hot, served quickly and devoured with relish.

Newpapers would be a nice addition, but there is a papershop a few metres away.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Just been to Milk for the first time and had to write a review - the place is AMAZING!
Had the Thai Beetroot Soup and a Halumi & Carrot Fritter salad - flavours were fantastic, presentation excellent.
Would I recommend this place? OH YES!
:o)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were staying at the Premier Inn and rather than pay a lot of money for the breakfast buffet we figured we'd get a bacon sandwich which we assumed would be cheaper. Wrong! Our breakfast here ended up being more expensive than the unlimited buffet! I think the prices for eating in are different to the prices on their website which is where I got caught out or perhaps it's because it was the weekend and they charge more then. We also found that we couldn't have certain things in their menu because we were eating in.

The cafe is very trendy and clinical looking with hardly anywhere to sit and grubby cutlery which made me feel a bit funny (all part of the shabby chic though). I had scrambled egg on toast which to be fair was scrummy (but it came at a price), my sister had a mushroom and rosemary wrap which looked nice and my other sister wanted a plain bacon sarnie but ended up with one with cheese in which is a bit much first thing in the morning!

Overall we enjoyed our food but the cafe was so small and non cozy and the food menu was limited and expensive so we opted to have breakfast at the hotel the next day instead.