Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$156
$123
  • Room Service
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
$654
$509
3,137 results
All reviewspremier innhaymarket stationcity centreprinces streetminute walkbudget hoteltram stopgood nights sleepreception stafffamily roomnight's sleepnight stayshort breakcomfy bedroyal milecooked breakfastinns
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having stayed in this hotel many times over the past two years for its convenient location, all the pillows have recently been changed and it is impossible to get anything other than an unacceptably thick, spongy 'thing'. After two nights of awful sleep and one more to tolerate, I won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Senior_Steve
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Senior_Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your stay. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

You are correct that the firmness of our pillows is due to a recent change. All pillows are made to Premier Inn specification and are regularly updated to ensure they can deal with constant and rigorous use. I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were unable to provide you with the type of pillow you have become used to during your stay.

I have fully investigated this matter and would be happy to share the findings with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me on the email address below for more information. I am satisfied that our staff on duty that night searched the entire hotel to ensure we did not have the pillows you required.

I can also confirm that we would be more than happy to ensure that the specific pillow type you are accustomed to can be delivered to our hotel and ready for your arrival by contacting us prior to your visit as stated by one of our managers during your visit.

I do hope that your refund in line with our Good Night Guarantee reaffirmed to you our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to Scotland. As others have stated, location is fantastic, rooms are large and clean and the hotel itself is well kept up. Also, as others have stated, rooms are awfully warm, a small in-room fridge would be a great idea and, as a North American, I'd really love to see face cloths added to supplied towels. All in all, I'd recommend it to others and would stay again myself!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear mrsbcbruno,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for staying at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I really hope that your visit to Scotland and all it has to offer was as fantastic as your stay in our hotel. I am delighted that you decided to stay with us at the start and end of your trip and that our location suited your needs.

Unfortunately our air conditioning system was down for maintenance during your stay, which is why our rooms were a little hotter than usual. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, though I am really pleased to see that this did not detract from your over all experience with us.

We take all our reviews seriously and I am happy to pass on your feedback to our Head Office with regards to face cloths and small fridges in the room.

Thank you again for submitting your review and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for five days to attend a conference at EICC. It's very close to venue 5-7 mins walk, so perfect in terms of location. On the first night I was in a 1st floor room overlooking the junction at the lights on Morrison street. It was very noisy so i asked to be moved - which id recommend as the fourth floor was quiet, overlooking the Carpark. The staff were fine about this. The hotel was very warm though. The rooms were airless, but it was wonderful weather so not complaining! Breakfasts were plentiful, fast service but very busy so get there early if you want a more peaceful breakfast! All in all a comfortable stay in a clean pleasant and of course predictable hotel

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear JulesRugby,

Thank you for taking he time to give us your review and for staying at the Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I am delighted to hear that you found our location to be ideal for your purposes, being only a 5 minute walk from the EICC. I'm really happy that we were also able to place you in a more suitable room for your needs, If we have the space we are always more than happy to move rooms for all our guests.

I'm sorry to hear that your room felt hot and airless during your stay, our air conditioning system was having some issues and was down for maintenance at the time. I'm please that this did not detract from your overall experience and I will make sure your comments regarding breakfast are past on to our Food & Beverage team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my hubby to celebrate his 40th birthday. The location is great 5-10 min walk to princes street. Lots of restaurants around the hotel so don't have to keep travelling back into the centre. The buffet breakfast was really good, filled up in the morning and didn't need to refuel until our evening meal. The hotel is quite large and appeared to be lots of people booked in, however the public areas were never full always somewhere to sit for breakfast or a drink at the bar. My only complaint and the reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stats was because the room was too warm, as we were on the main road we couldn't have the window open at night, did have a large fan in room but wasn't enough to cool room. Would definitely book this hotel again when we return to this great city.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank clarpa
KieranCollins, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear clarpa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for staying at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket on such a special occasion. I really hope your husband had a fantastic 40th and I agree, Edinburgh is a great city to have such a celebration in.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our location was an ideal setting for your trip. I am also really please that although we were busy, you never felt that we were overcrowded.

In terms of the heat in your room, It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. For this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. Please call down to reception and let us know if you experience this on your next visit as there are various ways in which we can help to ensure that your room is as comfortable and as cool as is needed.

Once again, Thank you for your review and for spending such a wonderful occasion with us. We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future or your husbands 50th?

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just spent the weekend here location fantastic just a short walk to attractions if not theres the tran or a short taxi journey.
The hotel was extremely busy but this not effect the service , staff very happy and very helpful
Room spotless great weekend break
If i had one request it would only be small fridge in rooms would help but its not a deal breaker would defiantly stay again

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Dawn1h1,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for staying with us at Premier Inn, Edinburgh Haymarket.

I am delighted to see that although the hotel was busy this did not effect the level of service you received from our staff. As the largest Premier Inn in Scotland we take great pride in the service we deliver especially when we are fully booked. I shall ensure that this is fed back to our teams who will be delighted they had such a positive impact on your stay.

I am happy to pass on your comments regarding the fridge in the room to our head office. On your next stay please let us know at reception if you need anything placed in a fridge and we will be more than happy to accommodate if we can. Many guests require that certain ice boxes or medicines are kept in a fridge and we are happy to do this at reception.

Thank you once again for your review and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the future.