“Lovely Stay”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #99 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed January 31, 2013

close to the centre, clean, comfy, homely, FREE VIEW!

was perfect for what we needed, with the room having a bath which was a nice surprise and also offered the usual tea, coffee etc but when we asked for more milk they gave us loads

thanks to all the lovely staff too - everyone was fab - especially when i was a little bit worried about leaving my case in left luggage - it was all secure and every item was tagged

we were on the top floor and had no noise, and it was nice getting to adjust the temperature when we liked

overall - would deffs come back again - and will look at premier inns first now when looking for a budget stay

Room Tip: we were on the top floor and had no noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeckieBeeBee
Write a ReviewReviews (2,988)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

amazing hotel, fabulous welcoming and informative staff who couldn't do enough for me and my husband. i booked with premier inn after staying a night in one at heathrow terminal 5 and being totally impressed with that one. have two further bookings next month in premier inns in york and hull. the food was amazing and the breakfast was well worth the money. i have been telling all my colleagues and friends that they should use premier inn hotels.

Room Tip: the view was not particularly wonderful at this hotel so no recommendations for the best room with a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sue-rick2012
HaymarketOps, Reception Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Premier Inn. We value your feedback and take great pride in making sure every guest enjoys his or her time in Edinburgh. I am so glad that the team looked after you so well on your trip.

I will ensure such lovely comments are passed on to the team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Convenient location, very close to Haymarket train station. Reception staff friendly. Our room was 301 (I think). It was clean and well maintained and good value for money. I particularly liked the individual room temperature control because I am always cold and I think we visited on the coldest three days of the year, so it was nice to come back to a very warm room. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and this was disappointing - I did think most hotels had moved on from frozen chips and frozen peas!

Our room faced onto Morrison Street and the traffic noise at night was constant. Cars, buses, lorries - we may as well have been trying to sleep in the middle of the road. Added to this was the fact that there is a pub at the side of the Premier Inn (which our room overlooked) so in addition to the traffic noise was the noise from the patrons of the pub's outside smoking area. There was also some sort of electrical humming - may have been the pub's air conditioning unit but not really sure. When we mentioned this at reception, we were told we should ask for a quiet room next time! Not a hotel for a good night's sleep.

All in all I guess it's reasonable value for money but maybe take ear plugs!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We brought two family rooms and it worked out well. We had a really nice relaxing time, and the breakfast was good value for money. For the short stay we had, it was fine, and our rooms were cleaned to an excellent standard. The staff were very nice too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of a corridor are draughty - all buildings in the UK need proper insulation.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Premier Inn. We do value your feedback and take great pride in making sure every guest enjoys his or her time whilst with us. I am so glad to hear that the team looked after you.

I will ensure your lovely comments are passed on to the team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed from 23rd to 26th October. Room, service and food was excellent. My daughter slipped on tiles, fell and broke her arm while approaching hotel from street outside. Staff of hotel could not have been more helpful in providing assistance and information regarding medical help.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John D

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Premier Inn. I hope that your daughter made a speedy recovery and is now feeling much better, I am so glad to hear that the team looked after you after such a horrible accident.

I will ensure your lovely comments are passed back on to the team.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked a family room which had a double bed, a single bed, a small single sofa bed and they placed a baby cot in it and there was no space left in the room!! Just a tiny corridor in order to reach our beds. Initially I thought there was a mix up with the reservations so I called the reception but no. These are the family rooms.
The rooms are tired and need refurbish. The heating was not working but they brought an extra small device after having called them three times.
We stayed 6 days and they never hoovered, I could see the same dirt on the floor every single day. They also never changed our sheets. Not even once! They did change the towels thankfully, on a daily basis.
The breakfast is very good, the restaurant is so pleasant, it's obvious they had it recently redecorated. We had a very good time though, Edinburgh is a fantastic city!

• Stayed: December 2012
HaymarketOps, Shift Leader at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Premier Inn. Firstly let me say how sorry I am that you felt our rooms where not big enough to accommodate your family. At Premier Inn, we do all we can to ensure every guest has the best experience possible when staying with us. We do have a 24-Hour Reception with our Good Night Gaurentee; if you would like to contact us to speak about your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact a member of the management team direct on 0131-656-4300.

We do value your feedback and I will ensure this is feed back to the team.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A good, central location with easy parking on site and across the road. Avoid the tram works by using West Approach Road if coming in from the by-pass by car. Alternatively, Haymarket station is just around the corner so there need not be a long luggage drag!

Service at the desk was prompt, polite and fast. Rooms were clean and kept out the sound of the city. Bed mattress fantastic which seems typical of Premier Inns.

Breakfast selection varied and first class though not catering for much more than UK tastes.

Would certainly recommend for business or city tourist though not a hotel for lounging around in.

• Stayed: January 2013