“Great Time had by all”

Ranked #134 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Great Time had by all”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took a group of Under 13s Rugby players mums and Dads, we had a fantastic time at the hotel, the bar and music was great, the rooms where also great, The scottish Breakfast was very nice. The Rooms where very large, each having their own bathroom, with a large group, we could have five people in one room, which met our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

i stayed there on a school trip and the staff especially the owner were very friendly even when we came back at 11 o'clock at night the owner was still prepared to give us each a glass of water the beds were comfortable and the food was lovely!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great as i was in most of them and they are all very spacious and none of them are...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank bananas20012
Cookstown, Northern Ireland
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This Hotel is Brilliant we stayed here on a four day trip to edinburgh with a club.

The hotel yes is not brand spanking new, but it is warm with lots of space our club took up the whole hotel with 62 of us all together, 5 of us in room 19.

The shower was alright and the bathroom was very large for the room size which was great for 5 girls.

It had a spacious wardrobe, tea and cofee facilities, amazing breakfasts and we had a lovely disco with the manager as the DJ which was really sweet we were treated like 5 star adults instead of crazy kids the food was lovely and is great for all diets with something new every night.

I was sooooooo pleased and would stay again in a second i adored my stay at claremount hotel and i will never forget it brilliant for large groups.

The manager was extremely nice too. :)

Room Tip: I was in all of the rooms as we booked the whole hotel and were in a group trip with all my friends...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Twilighter2001
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our double room was spacious and beds surprisingly comfortable. The room was clean quiet and well heated (No. 19). The shower ok for an old hotel; however the toilet was an experience having a macerator attached which basically grinds upon flushing to prevent clogging.
My sister in law stayed in a single room no. 16 which was small, heating wasn't great but the bathroom had been renovated.

The rooms are old, lighting poor, doors don't fit that well and the carpets have seen better days; however with these things in mind it was acceptable for the price.

Our choice of this hotel centred around being dog friendly for our 80 lb. labradoodle. She had lots of room and was welcome.

Positives:
-The hotel is within walking distance to downtown attractions and close to public transportation.
-Free parking around back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brent R
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here and at first was a bit shocked. The first night only. Got in late so found it strange. I found the hotel to be easy walking access to town. I did a lot of walking to different areas and found it convienient. The breakfasts were very good to start me off for the day. There was a lovely little bar at the end of the street where I went almost every night for dinner. I walked to town and never got lost. The first day was an experience for sure. Not even bus drivers seemed to know where this was. For the money I think it is worth it. Staff were helpful. It was like living in a neighbourhood. If you want that, then this is the place. I would go back. Soon I hope. I stayed here in 2010, September.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room above street level.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Sandiblast
donegal ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2012

i would most definitely not stay in this hotel if i was payed.as my friend got bit whilst sleeping here. there was a very very large amout of dust on top of the wardrobe and hairs in the bath :O the restaurant was two floors underground and a dog seemed to have came out from the kitchen. one thing i can say that was good was the breakfast. there was a very good selection. i really enjoyed my time in edinburgh but not so much in the hotel!

Room Tip: just dont stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kerrie m

Travelers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I, like the man reviewing above, didn't actually stay at the hotel but attended a function that my friend had booked there. She had said she didn't want the DJ and asked if she could just play an iPod. The manager said it would be fine. When we got there the volume was extremely low and the manager said the knobs that controlled the volume had been glued down by the department of health. Given that it was drowned out by mild chatter, and that I had previously been at a wedding there where it was much louder, I'm not sure I believed him. Several of us, including a sound engineer, tried to reason with the manager but he wouldnt listen and was quite stubborn. That said we had a great night and the drinks were cheap, and they had been allowed to bring snacks and cake, so all in all it was fine but i would certainly say to be aware of the situation before booking.

• Stayed February 2012