“Excellent & Different Food”

Water of Leith Cafe Bistro
Ranked #207 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A bright, relaxing, licensed bistro serving great seasonal food and baking. Available for daytime and weekend evening casual dining.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat on a lazy Sunday afternoon and decided to use the Trip Advisor app and noticed this was quite highly rated and ranked. It is a bit out the way and finding parking was a small nuisance but other than that, we found the place was comfortable and pleasant. Can't say much for the surround area though!

My other half had the croque monsieur which was extremely tasty and I can't remember exactly what I had but I definitely munched it down a treat! The lady (which I assumed was the owner) was very pleasant making the service enjoyable.

Overall, the food was excellent and I liked the use of the space as an exhibition for artists, nice touch! Plus, if you liked the works they were available for purchase. We have since been to a number of other cafe/bistro type places that have the same idea in place.

2  Thank msg84

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Would highly recommend this Café.
A decent range of options from coffee & cake, light snack through to 3 course meal.
All served by friendly, attentive staff.
Oh and the food, sublime.

2  Thank Kelpiefan
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand why this restaurant has a high ranking,the food there is rough and raw,and very far from the city.不明白为什么评分这么高,这家食物不管是味道还是摆盘都很不精致,简直可以称得上难吃, 而且地址非常的偏。最后的起司蛋糕还不错,但总体是失望的。

2  Thank 文佳 王
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I really like this cafe. Its bright and cheerful with lots of welcoming touches like books, games, toys for the children and gallery pictures, and also handcream and emergency sun cream for kids. We had brunch of croque monsieur and toasted bagel with cream cheese & smoked salmon, served with a lovely salad. The food was really fresh and tasty and they also do good coffee (served with a mini meringue). I'll definitely be back. The cafe is open every day (apart from Mondays).

1  Thank edels
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A super late lunch here after seeing the Royal Yacht which is not so far away. A quirky neighbourhood place, very friendly and informal, lots of veggie dishes, my cullen skink was delicious. My son's steak was not all that tender but that's the only criticism, otherwise a real find, thanks Trip Advisor.

1  Thank carolinerunner