“Excellent Family Restaurant”

Ranked #1,223 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Liberton. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Edinburgh’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Glasgow
“Excellent Family Restaurant”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited here last weekend with family and was very impressed with the service we received and quality of food available. There was lots of choice of veg and gravies and all the meat was fresh, with generous portions.

There is also an excellent beer garden, so ideal for sitting out on nice days.

Will definitely be back.

• Czech first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great value, if uninspiring”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Weekday carvery @ 5.99 is a great value and it really should be no surprise that in achieving this price there are shortcuts taken in the product offering. The beef in particular could be better, the sauces are pretty low grade (I couldn't do the horseradish again) and the cauliflower could certainly use more cheese sauce but a judicious navigation of what is on offer will bring you a good sized portion of simple yet tasty food. I'd recommend that you steer toward the gammon and turkey and avoid the beef...
The service is cheerful and the chef usually has a bit of banter which adds to the occasion.

All that said the simple food on offer appeals to my mum and you really cant whack the price.

Hope this helps..

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A good Toby carvery. Value for money.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We were here yesterday with the kids. Never been to this particular Toby's. it was large and modern. I always feel that they are slightly under staffed. We had a token to get 2 courses for £12.50 for 2 people. I don't feel that the carvery part was as much as it used to be. My husband got a long size carvery, which is basically just an extra Yorkshire pudding and 2 little sausages. I had the normal carvery but only got 2 slices of turkey and beef. All the same it was very good. You can refil your own Pepsi/diet Pepsi.
Outside was a beautiful beer garden. It was a glorious evening. They had a bouncy castle for the kids. They did not want to leave.
Only thing I would say & I am only doing so as it has happened at a few Toby's. the till receipt was wrong. It was out by £3 (over) Not a lot but its the principal and apparently the girl pressed the wrong button on the till. Like I said thought I have noticed this before at another Toby's.
all in all we were very happy and would go back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Evening Roast Meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a first visit. On arrival, was shown to a central table which we declined, too close to all passing customers & staff, and were placed at a nearby window table. Staff were prompt, courteous & informative. Prawn Cocktail Starters were presented differently but tasted fine and reasonably sized. The carvery was the usual selection, gammon, Turkey, pork or beef. We had the first three. all fine but the gammon was slightly salty but edible. the roast potatoes and the peas were fine, as was the large Yorkshire pudding. The beef gravy was as good any I have had in a restaurant, very tasty and made the meal. We did not try the desserts but they looked good.

• Visited May 2013
“Breakfast”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

No better or worse than many hotel breakfast buffets I've had. For the price you don't expect much in the way of quality, but it was adequate. Hoovering around the tables a full hour after opening time was a noisy pain I could have done without.

Visited May 2013