“A good Toby carvery. Value for money.”

Toby Carvery Liberton
Ranked #1,043 of 2,641 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Liberton. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Edinburgh’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We were here yesterday with the kids. Never been to this particular Toby's. it was large and modern. I always feel that they are slightly under staffed. We had a token to get 2 courses for £12.50 for 2 people. I don't feel that the carvery part was as much as it used to be. My husband got a long size carvery, which is basically just an extra Yorkshire pudding and 2 little sausages. I had the normal carvery but only got 2 slices of turkey and beef. All the same it was very good. You can refil your own Pepsi/diet Pepsi.
Outside was a beautiful beer garden. It was a glorious evening. They had a bouncy castle for the kids. They did not want to leave.
Only thing I would say & I am only doing so as it has happened at a few Toby's. the till receipt was wrong. It was out by £3 (over) Not a lot but its the principal and apparently the girl pressed the wrong button on the till. Like I said thought I have noticed this before at another Toby's.
all in all we were very happy and would go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a first visit. On arrival, was shown to a central table which we declined, too close to all passing customers & staff, and were placed at a nearby window table. Staff were prompt, courteous & informative. Prawn Cocktail Starters were presented differently but tasted fine and reasonably sized. The carvery was the usual selection, gammon, Turkey, pork or beef. We had the first three. all fine but the gammon was slightly salty but edible. the roast potatoes and the peas were fine, as was the large Yorkshire pudding. The beef gravy was as good any I have had in a restaurant, very tasty and made the meal. We did not try the desserts but they looked good.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

No better or worse than many hotel breakfast buffets I've had. For the price you don't expect much in the way of quality, but it was adequate. Hoovering around the tables a full hour after opening time was a noisy pain I could have done without.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch break in this Toby. Didn't think I could manage a full roast so went for the carvery sandwich on brown bread. This was a great choice but still a lot to eat although I did manage to finish it. Bread lovely and soft and meats tasty and moist, this sandwich was served with some roast potatoes, lovely. Staff cheerful and attentive would visit again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a family meal at Toby try to go every week superb quick service and great quality food chef at server is excellent speaks to kids and really interacts with all. Your such a credit to the restaurant ( wish I knew your name) older guy) :) will be back next week well done guys.