“Friendly clean airport hotel”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ranked #67 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Quathiaski Cove, Canada
“Friendly clean airport hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were greeted with friendly eager staff, had a nice room, enjoyed a really delicious dinner in a nice dining room with a good feeling. The waitstaff were very friendly and efficient.
Problems were difficulty in finding it and unclear directions via google from the main motorway so we had to ditch the car finally and take a cab which cost. Also Wifi is not really free, only the first 30 minutes, then it cost 3 pounds. Over all with having to pay for taxi services and wifi, the cost was over 100 GBP for the night, not the 79GBP that I had booked. Still budget minded but unexpectedly more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I am glad that you found the team to be eager, friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed your evening meal!

Your feedback is important to us so thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here our last night in Scotland before flying out next day. Very nice well appointed modern rooms and a great restaurant . Staff was very nice and helpful and staying here was a good experience. Automatic check in with no lines. Had dinner in the restaurant, very good selection and reasonably priced. Early check out the next morning so we opted for the buffet continental breakfast, opens at 5:00am and more than enough food - It was very good and well worth it.......compared to trying to eat at the airport. This was a great hotel.

Room Tip: A great place to stay before flying out the next day.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn.

I am delighted to hear that you felt staying here was an enjoyable experience!

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Elgin
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night only as flying from Edinburgh airport the next day. This is a new hotel and looks and feels new, it is still in excellent condition and we had a very comfortable night here.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating and asked us if we needed anything constantly, both in the reception and in the restaurant. We booked the deal where you can have a 3 course dinner and also breakfast for a set amount. I cannot remember the amount but it was a good deal - the food for the evening meal and for the breakfast was lovely, Nicely presented and very tasty - it was great value for money.

I had phoned prior to going and booked a late check out for the next day as our flight was not until 8pm and I wished to freshen up before the journey. There was a bit of an issue with this, as when I checked the day before that this was still ok, I was told it was not convenient as the hotel was booked up for the next day. This was disappointing - there were medical reasons that I had hoped to keep the room for the next day and I was willing to pay the extra £25 which is charged for this priviledge. I contacted the hotel by email and expressed my disappointment with this, I was also intending to make a complaint when I had returned from my holiday. The Reception team leader, Donna, however, responded to my email and stated she would ensure we had our late check out. I was very grateful for this and so will not complain but do not understand how this happened as there obviously was the capacity to do it, the hotel cannot have been full the next day. This meant that I could then relax and enjoy my stay and I did. This is the only reason that I have given the hotel 4 stars instead of 5.

I cannot fault the sleep quality or the room or the staff or the restaurant. It is a lovely hotel and I would happily stay again and recommend it to anyone. It was also very convenient for getting to the airport which was 10 mins away. A great stay and I will return.

1 Thank JaneLizzy29
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your recent review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I am delighted that our team were friendly and accommodating.

I apologise about the mix up with your late check out and I will speak to Donna regarding this to try and discover where things went wrong and prevent this from happening again.

St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is not really an Airport hotel and it was quite difficult to find it!
There is no shuttle bus to the airport and by taxi it takes about 15 mins to get there and it costs at least 10 £ one way!

The room was what you expect from a Premier Inn, clean, in good condition, it serves its purpose. The bed was comfy, the shower and the amenitites very basic.
There was hardly any storage space.

We arrived late and were very tired.
Check in was impersonal and slow.
When we came to our room we realised that the door was not functioning, it was not possible to lock it. As there was no(!) telefone in the room or in the hallway we had to go down to the reception again and had to wait a long time as the slow receptionist was busy with other clients. Finally the door got fixed by a young woman which was helpful, kind and efficient.

For the price we paid it was not more than acceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Katherina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn

Please accept my apologies that you found the hotel difficult to locate and that you felt it was not close enough to the Airport. I would really like the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding your experience and therefore if you could give me a call directly on 0131 344 5654 to discuss the matter further I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to speaking to you in due course.

Blairgowrie
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed here a few times because of its proximity to the airport. This time, we stayed both before and after holiday flights and were pleased to see it is still so well run and efficient.
A warm welcome and a comfortable bed are what most people want when travelling. Posh toileteries and fluffy towels I would expect only in a much more expensive establishment!
Service is excellent, and like others we would single out the busy but friendly barman. The menu looks unexciting, but is freshly cooked and well presented. Again, we have done a lot worse in more "upmarket" places. Keep up the good work!
A special mention for the lovely little breakfast croissants!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you feel our service is excellent and that we maintaining good standards throughout your stays with us. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The welcome was good but a bit of over acting by the young lass took the edge of what is normally a warm welcome and replaced by a memorised script
The Inn is still good and lovely and clean our bed springs seemed noisy though , my wife worried we only had one hand towel and they may have thought we had taken one !!!
Thyme the next door Restaurant was good ,my Sirloin was a bit grisly and my wife's fish and chips was lovely and I regretted my choice of meal
The staff were good too all very helpful and very cheerful the barman is very good and should be working at a five star hotel,
Great pre flight Hotel
One moan get rid of the silly long oblong plates they are awkward and do nothing for the food

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sherbert852
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the restaurant food and presentation. We have just launched a new menu so this early feedback is so important to us to ensure we can adapt the offering if required to suit our guest needs.

We look forwards to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future!

Lerwick, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, accommodation was excellent. Restaurant was great and the food delicious, again the staff were brilliant. This the third time we have used it, and will do so again.

1 Thank Sheila N
Dear Sheila,

Thank you for your kind review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team were helpful and friendly. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team in the restaurant who I am sure will be delighted you enjoyed our new menu.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!