“The best breakfast sandwich in Edinburgh!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: New Town
Neighborhood: New Town
Paphos, Cyprus
“The best breakfast sandwich in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I heard about this place from a lot of people during my studies at the University of Edinburgh, so i was intrigued to visit it. The service was amazing, the people in this family-run business were really friendly, and surprisingly the prices were really low!! I got a sandwich, which had that homemade taste, not like those you get from supermarkets. I would really recommend it to anyone that wants to taste what the locals seem to prefer - and adore!

• Visited December 2012

Gosford, Australia
“Good food and coffee”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stopped here when we were worn out from walking all over the town. They were very busy and we were lucky to get a table. Food was nice and fresh and the coffee was good.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jenny_Hutton
North East England
“Gets VERY busy at lunch time!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My partner and I popped in here for lunch one day. The staff were very nice and the food was fast. We got two pannini's, 2 portions of chips, two drinks and two cookies. It costs around £10, which is really good.

Food was lovely but you get big portions so we would probably share in future. Also, it gets very, very busy at lunch time, so you may want to go either slightly earlier or later than the lunch hour slot.

Would definitely go again!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Ragpie
Adelaide, Australia
“Visited from Australia - excellent Scottish lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I was over with my wife and new boy from Adelaide last christmas and my mate and me went in here for a tuna roll and I think he got a salami baguette. It was a generous serving and really hit the spot. Seems a really friendly little place with dozens of office workers from the local businesses rushing in and out. Definitely a good atmosphere. I'll be popping in here again to see Norrie next time I'm back in Edinburgh. What a great place for it too - right in the heart of the new town.

• Visited December 2010
3 Thank russellsteedman
Saint Marys, West Virginia
“Very good food with extra-friendly staff”
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I LOVE getting lunch here! Situated in the heart of Edinburgh city center's New Town, this tiny shop has a great selection of rolls, fillings, sides, drinks, and fresh, homemade desserts. Take-away is most common and convenient, as there is only one table in the shop. Prices are GREAT! I usually get a sandwich, crisps, fruit, and either a drink or cup of soup for £3.30. Everyone is so friendly and personable; the cashier remembered me after just a couple of visits!

Visited April 2011