“Late lunch; great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villager

Villager
Ranked #483 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: The Villager has been recommended several times on the Ediburgh forum it is a great place for food and drinks. I did visit it during my last visit to Edinburgh and really want to add my review.
Minneola, Florida
“Late lunch; great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stopped in to have a late lunch before our tour at Mary King's Close. The first thing brought to the table is refreshing water with cucumber and fruit. That was great. We had the soup of the day, a sharing plate with arancini balls, quesadillas, tempura shrimp, veggie wontons, and pita wedges with dips. Very yummy! Also, we saw shoestring fries so we ordered those as well. We love good fries! The service was lovely as was the ambiance. Would recommend.

• Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Shabby chic at its best.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

A great young atmosphere in this place with tasty innovative food and a great selection of modern draft lagers, decent wines, and beautifully designed cocktails. All of our party of four enjoyed our mains and deserts and my taleggio risotto with smoky bacon was a highlight. Service slightly slow, but not painfully.

Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Amazing bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've been many times in Villager. I like the drinks, many cocktails. Friendly staff and very good music most of the times. Very convenient location in a busy area of Edinburgh. I love Villager bar. I haven't been for food there yet. Looking forward to enjoy my lunch or brunch there asap

• Visited December 2013
Wales
“Pre dinner drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Villager for pre dinner drinks on a work night out (eating in Vittoria over the road).
Very nice pub, quite small and cosy with nice sofas to sit on. Prices seemed reasonable.
I could see they were serving food which looked good, however I cannot comment as we ate elsewhere.
Location is great.

Visited November 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Tapas at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Chanced upon this bar/restaurant while wandering about wonderful Edinburgh on a day trip. We opted for a sharing plate + spicy wedges. The plate included the most amazing prawns we've ever had, arancini balls, beef quesadillas (yummy) and veg.wantons plus bread/pitta bread and dips. Including the potato wedges, ample for a filling lunch for 2. We also had a bottle of prosecco, only £12, lovely.
But a really nice touch was the free jug of water including melon, cucumber and mint, absolutely delicious and so refreshing.
Service was excellent, thanks to Pepa.

• Visited November 2013