“Vastly Underated”
Review of Broadsheet Bistro

Broadsheet Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Broadsheet Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,849 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: The Broadsheet Bistro came under new management in July 2013. We have introduced a locally sourced menu freshly prepared on the premises. We also have a private dining area suitable for up to thirty guests with fantastic views of Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street Gardens. We are located five minutes from Waverly train station and just off the Royal Mile
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here on 4/8 prior to going to late Tattoo show. Had a table in the lower section - excellent and able to watch the world go by outside.Food and service was excellent. Would certainly go back and recommend to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Broadsheet Bistro

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I can't praise this restaurant enough. The location is great: just off the mound, the food was superb, the service was fantastic and great value for money.The restaurant had a good feeling to it and the atmosphere would suit any occasion whither a family celebration or a romantic meal with your partner. I'm planning on returning in the next couple of weeks to share the restaurant with a larger group of people.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

From the outside Broadsheet promises much , but we were very disappointed with the quality of the food given the price. 5 of us were presented with a choice of just 3 rolls of bread to start ! It set the tone - a mediocre starter, poor main. I rarely bring myself to comment on this site but such was the standard I felt I had to let people now. Amazed that others give it 5 ! Perhaps there are 2 chefs and it luck which you get.

1  Thank samuel191278
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to eat here as we were staying at the Fraser Suites, despite having seen a couple of dodgy reviews. Can't think that these people had eaten at the same place! The food was good, especially a very nice Cullen Skink starter, salmon main course and Cranachan dessert. Also the staff were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank CANDJ1
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just left. This is my worst dining experience ever.
First off we had our order taken but had to wait half an hour before we said something! We were told the till was not working properly but the kichen had our order now and it will not be long. So on that I ask for some olives whilst waiting. Omg. It was a full soup bowl full of olives! It just made me not want them. Next he soup came with no bread, we did get the butter though! The soup was disgusting. We then had sandwiches, guess what? Bread was stale. We got the waitress over and I actually asked if a chef was working? She just said, with a bright red face, "well......"
We got an amended bill, paid then left.
just to let you know to totally avoid this place as there are so many great places to eat in Edinburgh.
Now I know why it was very empty. ......