“Poor” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Broadsheet Bistro

Broadsheet Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Broadsheet Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,825 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: The Broadsheet Bistro came under new management in July 2013. We have introduced a locally sourced menu freshly prepared on the premises. We also have a private dining area suitable for up to thirty guests with fantastic views of Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street Gardens. We are located five minutes from Waverly train station and just off the Royal Mile
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

From the outside Broadsheet promises much , but we were very disappointed with the quality of the food given the price. 5 of us were presented with a choice of just 3 rolls of bread to start ! It set the tone - a mediocre starter, poor main. I rarely bring myself to comment on this site but such was the standard I felt I had to let people now. Amazed that others give it 5 ! Perhaps there are 2 chefs and it luck which you get.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank samuel191278

London, United Kingdom
“Good bistro food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to eat here as we were staying at the Fraser Suites, despite having seen a couple of dodgy reviews. Can't think that these people had eaten at the same place! The food was good, especially a very nice Cullen Skink starter, salmon main course and Cranachan dessert. Also the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank CANDJ1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Horrendous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just left. This is my worst dining experience ever.
First off we had our order taken but had to wait half an hour before we said something! We were told the till was not working properly but the kichen had our order now and it will not be long. So on that I ask for some olives whilst waiting. Omg. It was a full soup bowl full of olives! It just made me not want them. Next he soup came with no bread, we did get the butter though! The soup was disgusting. We then had sandwiches, guess what? Bread was stale. We got the waitress over and I actually asked if a chef was working? She just said, with a bright red face, "well......"
We got an amended bill, paid then left.
just to let you know to totally avoid this place as there are so many great places to eat in Edinburgh.
Now I know why it was very empty. ......

manchester
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

My friend and i went to edinburgh she had neverbeen there before, i intened to take her to the witchery for our evening meal but unfortunately it was fully booked, we notice the broadsheet at the bottom of st giles street, when we got back to our hotel we asked at the reception if they would book us a table, we booked for 8=30, on entering i was shocked there was only 2 diners , we were shown to our table by a lovely young woman, she told us on handing the menus to us ,what was NOT available. we both chose for a starter vegetable soup, oh dear it looked like dishwater with a squirl of cream on top , it was horrible,no taste at all luke warm and not a vegetable in sight, we beckoned the waitress who was very apologetic, it was,nt her fault. my main was chicken wrapped in ham, good gracious the ham was so brittle it just flaked in pieces when itouch it, the chicken was stringy the three potatoes size of an oxo cube, had been cooked in garlic, i just could,nt eat it,,my friend had the lamb, which was very tough she could,nt eat her meal either, the waitress looked so embarrassed, she took the plates away, then came back to say we wer,nt being charged for the food, but for us to pay for the bottle of wine, which we did,nt mind. no=one of ant authority came to explain to us,it was obvious to us there could not have been a chef on duty that evening. i would not go back there again.what made it worse for me my friend,is a fine dining expierience magazine editor.luckily for english restaurants.the ambience of the place is beautiful, but needs desperatley re-organising in the kitchen.

• Visited May 2012
Solihull
“The bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

As promised to the newly opened Bistro at the Fraser Suites we ate here on Saturday evening, the food was very good and the staff are very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend eating here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EmmaanRob
ZJakri, General Manager at Broadsheet Bistro, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your valued feedback. I am glad you found the team attentive and helpful, we are currently training the team to become even better. We have jsut appointed a new head chef, so the food will get even better!

Best regards,