I stayed at Regis Guesthouse in March 2012 - Room 4
As with my other reviews I will try to give a balanced review.
1 Good value for money - £27 per night then £30 per night for the Friday.
2. Within walking distance to town - 15 - 20 mins
3. Bus 10 or 27 also takes you into town if you think that's too far to walk
£3.50 one day rover.
4. Toilet and Shower were clean
5 Full breakfast, with some choice
6. Close walking distance to supermarket (express)
7 Staff where helpful/friendly
8 Can't lock yourself out of your own room
9 Internet access with option to print in sister B&B (Braveheart) - not too expensive
although I never used it so I can't say how fast or slow the internet connection is.
10 Hair dryer, kettle and portable radiator in room
1. Shared Shower and Toilet are in one room, so if someone is using the shower
you can't use the toilet !
2. Hot water and heating was unreliable - lucky it was hot when I was in Edinburgh
3. Cupboard draw was falling apart and it only had a few clothes hangers
4 There was a hand towel in the WC/Shower for drying your hands for only the first day -
there should always be a hand towel present to encourage people to wash and dry their hands after using WC
5. Staff's level of English was very basic
6 The TV is a cheap LCD, as it was mounted on the wall it was fixed and depending on how tall you are when sitting in bed it's not always possible to see a clear picture.
7. Old sliding windows - no lock, so I did not feel safe leaving a bit of the window open for some fresh air.
8. The door bell is located right where you turn the key so if you have big hands you could accidently knock into the door bell while turning the key.
9 The wash basin in the bath/wc, I am sure the wrong sort of taps are mounted as the taps are very short so when washing your hands you kept taking contact with the back of the wash basin
10. In Room 4, the lighting is quite poor so trying to shave at the corner of the room where the wash basin is was not easy
I used this B&B for somewhere to sleep, I spent most of the time out. If I was staying longer then I would probably look for another place as not being able to use the WC when you want is just a bit too much over a long period of time. Would I come back yes if only staying for a few days as it was good value and close to town and reasonably clean. Noise it was sort of noisy, rooms/walls certainly not sound poof so it's pot luck if you got some considerate or not considerate people in the rooms next door and above.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Regis Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regis Guesthouse Edinburgh, Scotland