“Excellent !”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I did a baking course here last week and thoroughly enjoyed my day. Victoria was very friendly and helpful and full of interesting tips. Lunch was provided and was also very good. In the confirmation letter, we were asked to bring our own aprons and containers to take everything away which I hadn't bothered to read...................my fault, but an apron was found and containers provided ! There were only 6 people on the course when I was there and it felt very personal and friendly. I can imagine that the course would still be as good with more people but I do feel that smaller groups like that make a difference. If I had one negative comment, it would be the amount of washing up there was to do. I appreciate that we had to re-use the bowls etc for the next bakery item and so things had to be washed up quickly, but for the cost of the day, as well as it being a day out, a kitchen porter to help out on this task would have been a big plus. A day off from the washing up is nice every now and again ! It would definitely not stop me from booking another course, in fact, I am really tempted to do a 2 month course there sometime in the future..................if they'll have me back !

Thank you once again.

Elaine

PS Please don't try to drive into Edinburgh town centre as it is an absolute nightmare at the moment. The school is in a great location and you can easily park out of town and get a bus in.

Visited May 2012