“Disappointing”

I.S. Edinburgh
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had heard a few good things about this place so we thought we would give it go, what a big mistake that was. When we first arrived I found the staff to be very unwelcoming after eventually being shown to our table I was a bit put off by the filthy light switch that was right next to us.
I was very impressed with the menu as there was a great selection to choose from. However I found the food very disappointing the chilli Buffalo wings tasted like they had been lying about for a few days then heated up in the microwave the garlic prawn dish had no taste what so ever and the nachos had very little cheese or salsa, not once did any member of staff come to ask how we were enjoying our meal or if we would like anything else my partner tried on several occasions to tell a member of staff that we were unsatisfied with our meal but the place was so busy with not nearly enough staff. After 35 minutes in this place all I wanted to do was leave which is what we did.

1  Thank carriexx5

Reviewed January 23, 2013

4 of us booked ahead for a Saturday evening. No problems.
Asked how many starters to order, waitress advised 10, we agreed on 7.
To be honest, this was enough, although we did order a portion of fries with cheese and bacon. So glad we did. They were delicious.
Can not fault this restaurant. Great value and a lovely evening.
Will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First visit here, Sat night great service but the food was outstanding, heard was under new management, great job so far.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent food, loved the mini burgers and fresh chips service is great. Staff were okay manager was a bit scruffy but over all enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been here a few times, I just love it, the choice of food is amazing, I haven't been back since I am wheat free and seafood allergic .. :-(( forgot how great it is must see if they can adapt their menus. Love the atmosphere...