“Very informative.”

and up
City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #57 of 206 Tours in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We got this tour for the Horrible Histories commentary, which was a little disappointing, only because we are 18 and 23, not 10. The main commentsry was brilliant, the drivers were very friendly and it was great to be able to hop on and hop off for 24 hours. The tour provided a good history of the sites and prompted you when to hop on and hop off.

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Tori C

Thank you for reviewing our City Sightseeing Tour here. Our Horrible Histories commentary is primarily aimed at children from 7+ although I still enjoy listening to it, I'm sorry it wasn't for you. It sounds, however, like you enjoyed the English channel and as well as learning more about the city found it easy to hop on and off.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit here, we really appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for City Sightseeing Edinburgh

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've been to edinburgh twice before but its always been flying visits and i've never been able to see anything (tourist wise) and after looking around the internet i kept this as an idea in my head.

I decided randomly to do it today when i was the busses lined up but i was not sure about what tour would be best. The people doing tickets outside the bus were very helpful asking the right questions and i ended up going with a 48 hour ticket which we thought would be best for my exploration of the city. I got asked if i wanted a live commentary tour or pre recorded and i went with the city tour (the green bus) and really enjoyed finally being able to see the sights of Edinburgh properly without being in a rush and hearing all the information/history about them.

Looking forward to exploring with the other buses in the next day or so. Definitely something to do if you visit the city and want to see all the sights. Good thing about these buses too is you can hop off at a stop if you want to visit one of the sights and get on again later which is a really handy thing.

2  Thank Mitsie65

Mitsie65

Thank you for taking the time to hop on our tours on your most recent visit to Edinburgh and for your fantastic 5 star review here. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that we showed you even more of our beautiful city.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ticket is valid for 24 hours and you can hop on and off any of the stops during that time. You are provided with earphones to listen to the commentary, which is available in a range of languages.

I was a little disappointed by the 'Horrible Histories' commentary as I expected it to be like the books and TV programme, i.e. horrible, but it wasn't.

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Carla B

Thanks for hopping on our City Sightseeing Tour and for reviewing it here. It sounds like you enjoyed exploring Edinburgh with your 24 hour ticket. Our Horrible Histories commentary was written with Terry Deary and is based on the material in his popular series of books. It has been very popular with children of all ages so I'm sorry it wasn't for you. On your next visit to Edinburgh why not choose one of our live guided tours and get another view of the city? We have three to choose from between Easter and October.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments here.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This si the perfect way to get a quick overview of the city. The hop-on-hop-off ticket gives the flexibility to stop and tour areas of the city before hopping back on to go to the next stop. The double-decker buses add an extra special touch to the experience.

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

WSW64

I'm so glad you enjoyed hopping on and off our tour buses during your recent visit to Edinburgh. Thank you for sharing your review here, we enjoy reading them all and share them with the team.

I love your opening line that we offer 'the perfect way to get a quick overview of the city'

Many thanks

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I think we hit 3 out of the 5 tours over a 24 hour period, so that was well worth the little bit of extra cost. We had a mix of recorded tours and live tour guides and of course the live tour guides were the most informative and charming as well. We picked up the buses all over the place and regularly hopped on/off and it helped that a stop was right outside our hotel as well (The Caledonian), but the 15 minute walk to Waverly through the Princes Gardens was a nice way walk to catch the bus as well. I would highly recommend these tours to anyone not familiar with the city, Edinburgh is an easy city to walk around, but it was nice to be able to see more without wasting time getting lost etc. I would definitely do the tour again and would recommend it to anyone!

bridgton

Thank you for reviewing our GRAND24 Ticket. I'm glad you felt it represented good value for money and that you used it to find out about the city and get around.

I appreciate you recommending the tours to others here too. We look forward to welcoming you back to hop on the two tours you missed!

With kind regards