“Great way to see much of the city!”

City Sightseeing Edinburgh
Book In Advance
More Info
$21.08*
and up
City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #55 of 218 Tours in Edinburgh
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I think we hit 3 out of the 5 tours over a 24 hour period, so that was well worth the little bit of extra cost. We had a mix of recorded tours and live tour guides and of course the live tour guides were the most informative and charming as well. We picked up the buses all over the place and regularly hopped on/off and it helped that a stop was right outside our hotel as well (The Caledonian), but the 15 minute walk to Waverly through the Princes Gardens was a nice way walk to catch the bus as well. I would highly recommend these tours to anyone not familiar with the city, Edinburgh is an easy city to walk around, but it was nice to be able to see more without wasting time getting lost etc. I would definitely do the tour again and would recommend it to anyone!

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

bridgton

Thank you for reviewing our GRAND24 Ticket. I'm glad you felt it represented good value for money and that you used it to find out about the city and get around.

I appreciate you recommending the tours to others here too. We look forward to welcoming you back to hop on the two tours you missed!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really enjoyed seeing around Edinburgh on this tour. Would have gave 5 stars if I could hear the commentary throughout, sometimes it was a little low, but otherwise really good. You can hop on and off but I didn't have time.

Rhehaner M

Thank you for reviewing our City Sightseeing Tour. It is a great way to see the city in a short space of time.

I am sorry you had problems hearing the commentary all the way round. If you could contact me with details of the time and date of your tour I can get the bus checked out.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went to Edinburgh with my husband and grandparents for a short holiday (weekend). We were advised to take a bus tour to see Edinburgh properly so we headed to Waverley Bridge to assess our options.
We chose City Sightseeing due to the wide coverage of sights and the representative was really friendly and helpful. She helped organise our Castle tickets too which was an added benefit.

We got to see Edinburgh with an amazing view from the top of the bus and in comfort (with a bit of the bus being covered) when the windchill got too much.

I highly recommend this tour company to anyone who visits Edinburgh!

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Rupali G
Thank you for your 5 star review of our City Sightseeing Tour. It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed hopping on and off the tour and that you appreciated the fantastic views from the top deck.

I'm glad you also made the most of our ticket offers buying your fast track Edinburgh Castle tickets from us too.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable visit to Edinburgh, thank you for letting us show you around.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went To Edinburgh with my Mum for 4 days, so we wanted to squeeze as much sightseeing as possible in that short period of time. Bus tour was a fantastic way to do it, not only we saw a lot but also learnt lots about the history and the culture of the City. The Guides were all very good, witty, polite and helpful. We really felt like we made the most of what Tours offer. At the end of the second day we were using buses as a transport only but thank to the free maps we were able to get to all the places of interest very easily. Also it was worth buying tickets to other attractions (like Castle) from the Tour Guides as we didnt have to queue at the actual place and the tickets were even slightly cheaper. I think this is absolutely the best way to start your adventure with Edinburgh.

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Kate R

Thank you for your fantastic review of our tours. The Guides will be delighted at their special mention and it's good to hear that you learned a lot from them and that you found the tours useful for getting around too.

I love your recommendation of our tours as 'The best way to start your adventure in Edinburgh' and hope your lovely words encourage others to hop on too.

Many thanks

Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a recent trip to Edinburgh we decided to go on the red city sightseeing bus even though we had gone on it about three years previously. My daughters enjoy listening to the Horrible Histories narration as it makes history a lot more interesting to them. I don't know what has happened since we last visited Edinburgh but I would warn anyone wanting to tour Edinburgh to go on any bus except the red one. My daughters said that the narration would suddenly stop mid-sentence, and a lot of the stories had been erased completely. I listened to the adult version and this was appalling. It didn't tell you much about the history of Edinburgh at all, but seemed to be promoting the fact that you could buy tickets for some attractions off the bus driver for a discounted price. Do not go on this bus if you are actually wanting to know about the buildings and people of Edinburgh!!!!!

ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at City Sightseeing Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

AT28

I am very concerned by the content of your review. We have had lots of positive feedback about our City Sightseeing Tour, especially the Horrible Histories commentary so it sounds to me like there was a problem with the system or driver on the day.

Can you please email me details of the date and time of your tour, we can then get to the bottom of it to ensure that there is no repeat of this.

I really appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention and hope you will assist us further by getting in touch with the requested details.

egreen@lothianbuses.co.uk